Sunday, January 20, 2008

SOS: THE MARRIAGE FROM HELL PART 4

Welcome all to another edition of Soap Opera Sunday.



For new comers or anyone else that might like to play, stop in to see brillig or kate for info about how to join in the fun. If you missed the beginning of "The Marriage from HELL" you can catch up with part 1, part 2 and part 3.....
After a long 10 months, in October 1994, gremlin #2 was born. My heart was so fill of love and I was so grateful for this gift from God. He was such an easy and even tempered little gremlin and I loved him so very much. He never cried, always slept well and made me smile everytime I looked at him.
After the past 2 years, I was happy that I has stuck it out. I had two beautiful gremlins to love and everything else was just my "lot in life".
I was lucky enough to give birth to a healthy baby boy (gremlin #2). I was unlucky enough to get a serious post-op infection that the doc said could have killed me (due to having a c-section). Like most moms would be, I was grateful that it was me not him that was ill but I was worried. I hadn’t planned on leaving FH alone with gremlin #1 for so long and I needed to get home to her. After almost two weeks, I still had a fever but put my foot down and signed myself out of the hospital against the advice of both doctors. I was still so sick but was so relieved to get home.
As soon as I got home, FH reverted to his old ways and things were really bad. I was still so weak . I had nurses coming to check me out daily but FH expected me to do everything myself. If I asked him to feed #1 or change #2’s diaper, FH would freak out and start screaming. It didn’t take me long to stop asking.

After a month or so, FH started to leave and would be gone for hours, then would come home with some lame excuse for his absence. I was so relieved to have him gone that most times I didn’t even call him on his shitty excuses.

On Christmas day, FH disappeared without a word. I thought maybe he had gone to see his Mom but then she called to talk to him. I told her the truth…that I had no idea nor did I give a rat’s ass where he was. I figured it was HIS choice to miss gremlin#2’s first Christmas and it was his loss. Gremlin #1 missed him when he was gone but I did my best to make a good day for her.

So became my life….I took care of my gremlins and again I either screamed at FH or ignored him……
Fast forward a few months to the beginning of May 1995….

Gremlin #1 had turned 3 years old and #2 was 6 months old. FH and I lived a life of silence with NO physical contact…not as much as a peck on the cheek.

The date was May 5, 1995. I was in bed asleep and it was approaching 1 AM. I was awoken but what I thought was FH talking to someone and I called out to ask who was there. FH assured me that I had just been dreaming and told me to go back to sleep. I rolled over and started to doze off when I could hear him mumbling again. I shouted down the hall asking him to please just shut the hell up because I was trying to get some sleep before the baby woke up…

Little did I know that I had a VERY long and sleepless night ahead of me……..
Be sure to tune in next week for the final chapter of "The Marriage from Hell"
As always, to be continued..............

9 comments:

tripleZmom said...

Oh gosh, what happened? I hope you and the gremlins were okay.

Brillig said...

Ho. Ly. Crap. "Marriage from Hell" is certainly accurate! How HORRIBLE! I'm interested, yet bracing myself, to read more.

Shellie said...

This sounds like it is going to be very bad...

Jan said...

OMG.. I know you lived through what ever was happening but it's got me on the edge of my seat. (((HUGS)))

Burfica said...

I think I know the part after this. And I'm so mad just thinking about it. But so glad you are where you are now.

Wholly Burble said...

This really sounds bad--and we have to wait a week to find out just how bad--at least we know you are OK today--that helps.

Jodi said...

Oh, I think I know what happens next. 'Cause something similar happened to me.

You are a terrific woman! Sorry we both had sucky first marriages.

J.

Phoenix5 said...

Now I remember why I hate soap operas so much! I still feel this same way when I am watching a new episode of a TV program only to have it end mid plot with a "to be continued" on a black screen. ARRRRRGH! I'm not sure why it is, but I just hate to be left hanging, and you do SUCH a good job of it! LOL! Well written Flake, even if it is such a terrible story. It never ceases to amaze me how idiotic and insensitive some men can be. Although, to be fair, some women are just as bad. At least there is a light at the end of this tunnel. You DID say "final chapter", didn't you? LOL!

jAMiE said...

Oh no...i can't wait to find out...any hints?