Saturday, January 19, 2008

RAMBLINGS AND GOINGS-ON

Well , January is half over and I am already wishing for March. Of course that might have something to do with this winter weather that is loving us up here in the "land of the snow and home of the headcold"..lol.

My brain is a not what you might call organized today, so I thought I would just tie up a few loose ends. The gremlins are trying to send me to an early grave with school work. Gremlin #1 is only about 10 days away from writing end-of-semester exams and #2's teacher is again being a TOTAL biotch ...

The e-coli that had infultrated our water supply has been taken care of (or so they say). It seems this one-horse-town has only 3 wells...and when run-off goes where it shouldn't, bad things happen.... Supposedly it has been cleared up but we are still buying bottled water just to be on the safe side for now.

A week or so ago, I received the following award. I have a couple of awards which all mean a great deal to me...but this one particularly touched me because I try to spread the love whenever possible :

In keeping with this tradition, I am passing this award along. If you already have it, I apologize. Of course, I heart y'all dearly...you are a great bunch .....

burfica - of course I love this lady dearly. I wouldn't even be blogging if it wasn't for her...and I love her a great deal. Her smart-ass-isms often make me giggle and I know that if I really needed her, she would be there, no questions asked.

phoenix - this guy is a fellow Canadian and an all around great egg. He is insightful, a talented writer...and his opinion has come to mean a great deal to me. I started reading his blog because burfica said to...and I am really glad she did!!! I heart ya buddy...

biddie - This women has had to fight so much in her life while trying to deal with some pretty strong inner demons. Yet , she always has a kind word and her words are filled with love...I am proud to call her a friend.

JJ - I just heart this gal a lot. Often I find myself reading her blog and all I wanna do is grab her and hug the stuffing out of her. She is so strong and such a loving Mom. She doesn't always believe in herself as much as her readers do, but her words are full of love...and that Fa is one lucky lil girl to have her!!!

Janet- This gal is absolutely hilarious...and again an amazing and loving Mom. I love reading her stories about her kids and she always makes me smile. I haven't been reading her that long but she made me feel welcome from the very start, and that isn't always the case in blogland.

The truth is....I love you all..and you all deserve this award. You are a wonderful bunch and I am grateful for all the support, friendship and prayers that have been sent my way.

I really do heart y'all........See y'all tomorrow for SOS

As always, to be continued..............

7 comments:

Biddie said...

Now look what you did! Here I was having a bad week and all, and you made me cry! Well, they are happy tears, anyway. Thank you, and you know what? You totally deserve this award :)

Phoenix5 said...

I heart you too, Flake! You deserve this award so much more than I do, but thank-you anyways! You made my weekend!

Burfica said...

awwww I so heart you too. Nice to know I'm lovable to someone. Lately I've just been a shit to most people. lol

the planet of janet said...

awww, flakie! i heart you too. thank you for the very kind words. i'm glad you're in my world.

Anonymous said...

Aw Flake! That was so sweet of you.
Thank you so much.

I wish I could hug you too!!!!

jAMiE said...

Congrats to you on your award, you deserve it!!!

Unknown said...

hi,
i just popped over here from JJ's. i love what you said about JJ. i, too, think she is totally neat. i so enjoy her blog and her notes. thanks for appreciating her, kathleen :)