Sunday, October 7, 2007

SOS - MEET MAX PART 3

Hi folks,

The following is another installment of SOS : MAX. Be sure to stop in to see brillig and kate. They are the founders of SOS and their stories are always worth the trip. For anyone that might have missed it, here is part 1 and part 2 of the Max saga.


When last we spoke, Max had just dumped Pam. The next day I was still reeling from the Max/Pam break-up. I told myself that I was angry that he had hurt my friend so badly, but in retrospect I know it had more to do with fear that I might never see Max again. As I headed out to do my paper route (remember folks I WAS just about 14), I was totally lost in thought and wasn't paying attention to where I was going. So imagine my shock when I almost walked directly IN TO Max standing on my front porch.

My heart skipped a beat....I knew I was supposed to be furious with him...I should have told him to go take a flying leap but as I looked into that face I yearned for, all I could do was stare. My mind went blank and I was totally lost for words. I somehow managed to stammer out a hello and asked him what he was doing there.

Max quickly explained that he had come to see T and me. He knew that we would have heard about his split from Pam and wanted to make sure we would still be friends with him. As I tried to make myself calm down and talk to him, T came out and interrupted us. She was always so much more relaxed and collected where boys were concerned...to this day I don't think she realizes how envious I was of her. Max asked her if she wanted to go for a walk while I went to do my route. As they went one way and I went the other, my steps were light and I was smiling. Of course I felt badly for Pam, but I couldn't help but to feel thrilled that Max was still going to be in my life.

I hurried and finished because I wanted to be home sitting on the front step waiting for them when they returned. As I rushed along, I tried to work up the courage to ask Max to go for a walk with me. I would stay calm but would finally have him all to myself...my mind was whirling with the possibilities and I was very excited.

After I arrived home and got washed up, I sat down to wait for them. My nerves were working on overdrive but I was determined not to chicken out. It seemed like they were taking forever so I decided to walk up the street and see if they were coming. As I rounded the corner, there they were...standing under a big oak tree cuddling and kissing.

I was stunned and felt like someone had stuck a huge straw down my mouth and sucked all the air out of my lungs. I felt so betrayed and hurt. I had foolishly allowed myself to dream...to believe that someone like him could some how miraculously even consider looking twice at me. How stupid was that!!

Sorry all, no cliffhanger this week. Tune in next week for the final installment of how Max wreaked havic in my life...

As always, to be continued.................


7 comments:

Kate said...

Aww . . . for rude of him . . . havoc-wreaker! Looking forward to next week! :)

Unknown said...

What a jerk.

This makes me glad I'm not 14 anymore.

Phoenix5 said...

I remember watching the soap opera hook-ups, break-ups, make-ups, and betrayals of my friends when I was a teen. I never did understand it. I still don't understand it, and that is a very bad thing as my oldest daughter is now a teen herself. Uh oh.

Once again, well written, Flake!

captain corky said...

I know a Max, but he only brings joy and love to peoples lives. ;)

Goofball said...

love is in the air...lalalaaa....or not?

Burfica said...

THAT BASTARD!!!! heheheh

Nell said...

Can I just say that I am so glad I'm not fourteen anymore! Oh the drama, and the pain! See you next week.