Saturday, October 6, 2007

FEELING THANKFUL


Just wanted y'all to know that my prayers have been heard. Friday afternoon fuckhead called and said his FIL was sick with the flu. This opened the door for me to refuse visitation since the kids would be exposed to him all weekend. Luckily fuckhead decided not to be a jerk for once and we agreed that the kids would just go for the day on Sunday (since this weekend is our thanksgiving in Canada). I immediately felt a HUGE brick lifted off my chest and could breathe again.


Shortly there after, my Mom called to tell me that my Uncle had came through his surgery. He was still listed in serious condition at that point but the doctors sounded very optimistic. My Mom called again this morning to let me know my Uncle was doing much better and should be released as early as next Tuesday or Wednesday if he continues to improve at his current speed.


I am EXTREMELY relieved on both fronts and thank you all for your well wishes, kind words and prayers. This surely is a weekend to give thanks and I surely am!!!


Before I forget again, I told Brillig I would also mention a site that we both have joined. She invited me a number of weeks ago and honestly I am still trying to figure out the in- and-outs of how it all works. To this point, it has been in beta but as of tomorrow it is going public( if I understand correctly).


The site is called cre8buzz. If anyone is interested, stop by and see brillig or leave me a comment and I can send a link your way. I have linked my home page but I am not sure if it will work.


Again, thanks so much ev1...your support is very much appreciated.


Tune in tomorrow for SOS....


As always, to be continued........

7 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

Great news, Flake! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from me and mine! ;-)

Cummal Bane said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Not something we celebrate over here, but I can still give thanks for the good news about your Uncle. Hope you have a good one!

jAMiE said...

Happy Thanksgving...and great news!

Rick Rockhill said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, and I am so pleased your prayers have been answered! Hope you enjoy your weekend Flake!

Biddie said...

I am just getting caught up on things around here...I am sorry to hear about your Uncle, but pleased to hear that he is doing well. Good news about Fuckhead, too. I mean too bad that his FIL is sick, but good news for you. Now maybe you can take a deep breath and enjoy your Thanksgiving....
Have a great weekend.

Alekx said...

yayyyy it's always nice when a plan comes together. Specially when that plan allows us to breath again.

:-)

Canadian flake said...

Thank you all for the kind words again. Hope you all are having a great weekend.