Sunday, September 23, 2007

SOS - MEET MAX

Well I am back for another round of SOS..please check out brillig and Kate ...their SOS stories tend to put mine to shame and they have links for others who are playing and having fun...so check em out....

I remember clearly the day I first met Max (remember names changed to protect the innocent and my dignity...lol).

A group of friends were going to go to a movie. One of my best friends through public school was a gal named Pam. We grew up together and spent a lot of time together, mostly at her house. I loved her family and was secretly jealous of the home life she had, since mine was so terrible ...but I am rambling...

This particular fall Saturday, we all decided to meet at the mall and go to the movies from there. My twin sister and I were the first to arrive but after a few minutes the rest of the gang started to show. Pam was the last to get there and when she arrived she wasn't alone. She was walking along, holding hands with HIM....

He was tall, dark and so handsome. I had serious problems remembering to breathe at that moment and the fact that he was holding HER hand didn't even register in my brain for some reason..... While Pam introduced Max, I hid in the back of the crowd, wanting desperately to get a closer look yet too shy and shaken to move closer.

As we all headed over to the theatre, Pam explained that she and Max had only just recently started seeing each other,which explained why she hadn't mentioned him to any of us. The thing I remember the most about that day was that I couldn't keep my eyes off him...I think I spent more time looking at him than watching the movie....and to this day I still remember exactly what he looked like that day with the sun making his wavy hair shine ...omgggg I soooo wanted to be able to run my fingers through that hair.....lol.

After the movie, we all said bye and went our separate ways but Pam lived just up the road from us so my sister and I walked with Pam and Max. As the three of them chatted, I fell behind a bit and listened as so often happened...I never felt comfortable...I never belonged...I was part of the gang because they all liked my sister and when you are twins,they don't take one without the other...

I remained quiet and observed the 3 of them but all my thoughts centered around Max...how cute he was...how good he smelt...how just looking at him made me feel like I had a big bubble inside me ready to escape and float away...

I should have heard bells going off in my head...telling me to run, NOT walk ,but run away as this could only end in heart ache for me...after all ,Pam was alot thinner and prettier than me....and there was no way he would ever give me a second thought...

I look back now and see all the signs of inpending doom...of the troubled path the four of us were about to travel down....but then I was young , nieve and blinded by hormones and puppy love.... If only I could have seen the trouble we were all in for.......the misery that was coming my way.....

**cue Donny Osmond singing Puppy Love***

As always, to be continued................

4 comments:

Brillig said...

Oh, mygosh. The impending doom. I feel it, and not just because you brought in Donny Osmond. Hahaha. Oh, I'm terrified and yet delighted by all of it!

(And, I just feel the need to tell you that I have sung alongside Donny Osmond, and his son was a good friend of mine in high school. Hahahaha. yes, you may now bow down and worship me. HAHAHA!)

Fourier Analyst said...

Young love can be so painful. I am dreading how this turns out but can't wait to read it! YAY S.O.S.!

Dedee said...

Oh I can see the train wreck coming.

Can't wait for next week!

Goofball said...

Aaaah hit by Cupido's arrows! Too late now, trouble's ahead.