Sunday, September 30, 2007

SOS - MAX PART 2

Welcome all to another week of SOS...it has been a crazy weekend and I will post more about that later in the week...



Remember to stop by and visit brillig and kate, they are the master minds behind this wonderful addiction known as SOS..lol. Their tails are always worth the travel time to get to their blog... For anyone who didn't read it, here is part one of today's continuing saga



When last we spoke, T (my twin sister) and I had just met Max the dreamboat....



I look back now and can see what an odd situation we got ourselves into, but it didn't even strike me as strange at the time. Pam, Max, T and I quickly became a foursome that went and did everything together. We hung out together constantly...swam together all the time and whenever Max invited Pam to the movies, he invited T and I to tag along..



Now I can see with hindsight that this must have been terribly frustrating for Pam...after all Max was her boyfriend and I don't think she got more than 5 minutes alone with him on almost every date they had together.



After a month or so of this, Pam called me late one afternoon to talk. She was starting to wonder if maybe Max was not interested in her anymore and wanted to know if he confided in me....I assured her that he hadn't told me anything like that but that I would talk to him if she wanted...remember we were teenagers (about 14 yrs old) at the time so sometimes the indirect method of communication was thought to be more effective. I told Pam to hang in there and not get too upset until we had a better idea of what was going on in Max's mind.



We were supposed to be going to a carnival together the next day. Pam and I devised a plan where she would suggest meeting Max at our house then she would be a little late...thus giving me time to find out how Max felt about her.



As I stood outside with Max the next day, I took a deep breath and summoned the courage to ask him what his intentions were toward Pam but I just couldn't do it..luckily Max broke the conversational ice and started to ask me questions...what classes did T and I plan to take the next year in school..... what time of day did T and I start our paper route...did T or I have a boyfriend at the time...



I was so glad that he had taken the lead in the conversation and so happy to have him all to myself for even a few minutes that I didn't even clue in that all of his questions were about T and I and were a little odd... he didn't even mention Pam once...



I toiled and tossed different ways to bring the subject of Pam into the conversation...but just as I was about to pounce, T came strolling out the door and a few minutes later Pam turned the corner and off we went..... Pam let T and Max walk on ahead together because she wanted to know what I found out...I didn't have the heart to tell her I had chickened out so I told her that I hadn't found out anything really but I would try again later, if the opportunity arose, and I would let her know.
I suggested that she just tried to relax and have fun because Max seemed normal (and wonderful) to me...

We all had a great time at the carnival. Both T and Pam were chickens when it came to the crazy rides there was so Max and I rode while the two of them watched. Of course, I was in heaven. It was perfect because I got to have Max all to myself but the rides were so whirly and twirly that I didn't have to make conversation...all our energy went into screaming and laughing ...it was such a blast.

When it was time to leave, Max said that he and Pam were going to head off and walk home because they wanted some "alone" time. Pam looked shocked but thrilled as Max took her hand and led her off. T and I waved as they left and then headed home. I missed walking home with Max but I was happy for Pam. Obviously she had just overreacted and things were good between her and Max which was great for her...but again not so good for me.

It wasn't that I ever allowed myself to think I had a chance with Max...I knew he was WAY out of my league...but I loved to daydream about him the way you would dream about meeting a rockstar or falling in love with some gorgeous actor...your mind knows it will never happen, but you still can't help letting it wonder and think "what iffffffffff"

Later that evening, Pam called and was crying hysterically. It seems that dear Max had asked for alone time so that he could dump Pam. Apparently, he reassured her it was nothing she had done wrong simply that they were growing apart. Poor Pam was crushed and I felt helpless without words to make her feel any better at all. After some yelling and many shed tears(by Pam) Max finally admitted that he had fallen for someone else and felt it only fair to end things now.

Of course, Pam's mind was whirling.....asking herself all the questions that a person thinks when they have been dumped without warning...how did this happen?? why didn't I see this coming?? Who could he have met?? What has she got that I don't have?? etc etc etc.....

After I hung up with Pam, I went to tell T what had happened . I didn't ask if she had known anything about Max's plans, I assumed that had she known she would have told me what was coming.

If someone had told me what was gonna happen next, I would NEVER have believed it ....never!!!!!

As always, to be continued (next Sunday..lol).....

9 comments:

Madam Crunchypants said...

Awesome cliffhanger! I'm looking forward to next week!!

Rick Rockhill said...

wow...you pulled me in with that..I had to keep reading to know what Max was up to! I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Kate said...

eeks! This could get very interesting and sticky . . . VERY appropos for SOS! Can't wait for more! :)

Canadian flake said...

thalia - glad you enjoyed my tail of Max. I probably would too if I hadn't lived it..lmao.

P.S.S.- thanks..glad you are enjoying it.

kate - sticky...yessss it sure was....lol. Thanks for stopping in.

Burfica said...

Your sister was with max wasn't she??? WASN'T SHE???????????

Canadian flake said...

burfica - you will have to wait til next week to find out what happened..hee hee hee

Phoenix5 said...

I'm with Burf on this one. Unless.... Max was with you??? Darn, this is why I hate soaps...

Jen said...

Amazing cliffhanger, but do I smell a rat with T? Yikes! Can't wait to read what happens next.

Canadian flake said...

phoenix - hee hee I appreciate you stopping in even if you do hate soaps...lol

jen - thanks for stopping in..nothing like a good cliffhanger to get your mind going with possibilities eh?