Monday, October 1, 2007

WEEKEND EXPLOITS PART 1

What a crazy weekend we had . I think I have a weekend hangover because it was go-go-go from start to finish but it was a good weekend. Of course, being the good little addict I am, I kept telling the gnome that this weekend was giving me material for my blog...lmao.


On Friday night, we scored free tickets to the opening night of the Ottawa 67's game. For you non Canadians, that is a hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League.



I wish I had thought to take the camera with me because we had pretty good seats and could have gotten some great shots. The following pic is one I found on google that was taken pretty close to the vantage point we had of the game, although we were a few rows closer.


It was a really great game and the gremlins had a blast as well as the gnome of course. For the purposes of this post, I did a little research to find out this team was a stepping stone to the NHL for such players as Gary Roberts, Denis Potvin, Michael Peca and Alyn McCauley just to name a few.


I can't remember if I have ever mentioned that the gnome is a SERIOUS hockey fan. His team is the Toronto Maple Leafs which causes lots of turmoil and heckling as we live in the heartland of their rival team ,the Shithead Senators . Every time we go to a hockey game, the gnome INSISTS on wearing maple leaf gear to get someone riled and yelling at him...I just shake my head and try to keep the gremlins out of the line of fire.

This is now proving more difficult as the gnome has worn off on gremlin #1. She insisted on wearing her TML jersey to the game even though it doesn't really fit her any more. After the game, a weird girl walked up to her and said she should rip that jersey right off her and shred it...

Stupiddddddd stupiddddd girl...don't EVER get in our face and screw with MY gremlin...ohhhhhhhh noooooo....I stepped in between the two of them and told her to shut her face and keep walking or she WAS gonna get me started and that she would NOT like what she got from me...lol.

HOLY BATS BATMAN did I mention we Canadians take our hockey wayyyyyyyyy too seriously???? lmaoooooo. I don't even LIKE the game really...I just tolerate it out of a sense of loyalty and love of the gnome..lmao.


More weekend antics to be posted with some really nice pics that I took that I am very proud of..


As always, to be continued.....................




10 comments:

Burfica said...

Man you canadians and Hockey, Europeans and Soccer, and Americans and beer...er I mean football. hehehehehehe

Canadian flake said...

burfica - "Americans and beer...er I mean football" how true is this..roflmaooooooo.

Phoenix5 said...

Hmm... I am a Canadian, and I just can't get into NHL hockey. Is it because it's so... AMERICAN? LOL! I enjoy watching Olympic hockey, and the World Cup games, but I just can't get into what our national game has deteriorated into here in North America. That said, I do love my football, both CFL and NFL. Maybe it's because I played football as a teen, and still can't skate worth a darn...LOL!

On a side note, I was watching the Canadian Football League games on Saturday night (Whoo hoo Winnipeg!!!), and found it strange when one player was identified as "The Canadian". Have the Yanks taken over our league too???

Phoenix5 said...

Oh yeah... GO STORM! heheheh

Canadian flake said...

phoenix - the gnome loves football too but knows better than to ask me to go to a game with him...I would have to smack the snot outta him...lol.

He Likes the "storm" too since his parents live in the same neck of the woods that you do..lol.

Susan said...

Of course being out here in BC, we are huge Vancouver Canuck fans. Never been to a game or had a jersey though. Id love to get to a game, but the money always seem to go on other things. Why do you think all my photos are of the great outdoors... hikes and walks are always free! I guess I am a bigger fan of cheap!

captain corky said...

For the most part hockey has not recovered in America since the strike. Up north it's a lot more popular I guess.

Glad you had a good weekend and I look forward to your pics.

Canadian flake said...

susan - I am a HUGE fan of cheap(the tickets were freebies and the jersey was a gift from her grandma..lol)

corky - yeah I heard the strike hurt hockey down there. Of course it would take a new ice age to end hockey up here...and to think of it, they would just lace up and play on the new outdoor "rink" if that ever happened..lmaoooo.

Maureen said...

And here I thought we Canucks only went to the games to see the hockey fights ON the ice....

;)

jAMiE said...

Glad you had a good time...and Go Leafs!!!