Tuesday, October 2, 2007

WEEKEND EXPLOITS PART 2

As I mentioned, we had a busy weekend. On Sunday, we spent the afternoon on a boat cruise on "my river". I know I have mentioned this river before. It is the St Lawrence River and I grew up on it. By "on it" I mean I camped on it...boated on it...and swan in it...

This river is a part of my soul and when I talk about it, I always say that I am a river rat. I love this river and I miss it more than I ever thought I could since we moved last year. This river has always been a part of me and many times in my life it has been my sanctuary. No matter how bad things get, this river always calms and soothes me....this is where I would run when I needed to escape the hell that was my childhood home and it is hard now when I need a break and I can't go there.

Anyway, this river is the home of the 1000 Islands...and it is a beautiful part of the country. Our cruise was on a part of the 1000 Islands and it is always worth the drive. We took the camera to take some pictures of the scenery and I wanted to share them with y'all....hope you enjoy them as much as I do...


this is a lighthouse that I thought was pretty :


this is part of the Ivy lea bridge. It is one of the bridges connecting Canada to our US neighbour :


this is the same bridge on the way back as the sun sets on the water :


this is the view off the side of the boat looking out on the American coastline at twilight :



some other scenic shots :





A shot of 2 of the many Islands we passed...these ones were in Canadian waters but we did cross over to American waters for part of the cruise :

I took these shots from the front of the boat. I love how the sun setting looks on the water...I could have sat and stared at this for hours....


The thing in the middle of these pics that looks like a stick is actually a small lighthouse off in the distance.




Thanks for taking the time to share my river . I am not a good photographer at all but I really wanted to share them since this is a place that is so special to me. The gnome even proposed to me on this river...but that is another post all together..lol.


Thanks again for stopping in today. As per a request made by Phoenix, we will be dishing about Dancing With the Stars tomorrow..lol.

As always, to be continued.........................

13 comments:

none said...

Beautiful. I've never seen river islands before.

Suzie said...

thanks for the pics! It reminds me of summer vacations in Alex Bay and Chippowa Bay..

Burfica said...

You love your river like I love my sunsets. Thanks for sharing those to hun!!!! Just beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

OH BABE WHAT WONDERFUL PICS AND THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR MY" HIJACKING"....LOL......HOW WONDERFUL AND YES THEY ARE BOTH BEAUTIFUL .......PLEASE GIVE THEM A BIG SQUEEZE FROM TEXAS ........LOVE YOU LOTS MY SPECIAL TWIN !!!!!!!!!!!.......AS ALWAYS........GEORGE

Phoenix5 said...

Nice pics, Flake! I see you have the same problem I do... somewhat less than level horizons! LOL! I think it's the camera, because I SWEAR it looks level in my viewfinder!!! Then I look at it again and it's slightly off. GRRRR!

I loved the lighthouse shots! You love your river like I love my ocean. You are truly lucky to be able to visit your river so frequently. I get to the ocean about once every 5 years or so. IF I am lucky, that is. Thanks for sharing!

Maureen said...

Oooh, love the river shots... thanks for sharing them!

Canadian flake said...

hammer - glad you liked them..just had to share them.

suzie - if you have been to A-bay you must remember boldt castle? We went by there too..lol.

burfica - glad ya liked them :)

hearts - hee hee sneaky lil bugger aren't I..lol.

phoenix - ok typical male...I was thrilled the pics even turned out and you are busting my chops about them not being level...so consider me to be sticking my tongue out giving you *raspberries*...

maureen - thanks for stopping in and not mentioning they aren't level..lmaooooooo.

MomThatsNuts said...

YOU ARE KILLING ME.....is that WATER?? like WET WATER?? wow, we dont have that here in the desert southwest...MY KINGDOM FOR SOME RAINDROPS....ok I dont have a kingdom but if I did, it would have a MOAT full of WATER...I wanna live by a lighthouse..CURSE YOU FLAKE CURSE YOU TO HELL....
not really...hehehehe

Mom

Unknown said...

Hammer has never seen river islands before??? I have to check his address. That's odd. Then again, I live near the Mississippi. There are plenty of islands on the Mississippi. Some of them are even made out of something other than human waste.

Canadian flake said...

mom - will make a note to send you some water..lol

dorky - ewwwwww is all I can say..lol.

Mia said...

Wow beautiful pics....thanks for sharing.

jAMiE said...

I loved the pics Flake, well done...and thank you for sharing them and that part of you with us.

Canadian flake said...

miranda- glad you liked them.

jamie - glad you stopped in and hope you are hanging in there.