Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ONE LINERS

I had an conversation last night with the gnome that stuck with me and sorta worked it's way into becoming this post.

It started because we watched the season finale of CSI:Miami which we both love. We were both shocked to see Hiratio get shot but we both feel confident he will be fine. That show would be NOTHING without him...

One thing that all of the CSI series have is their "one liners" at the beginning of the show (usually when the dead person of the week has gotten the episode underway). I think that Hiratio is the best at these...and talking about this got me thinking about other shows and movies that have had a famous one-liner that has been , in my mind at least, unforgetable. These are lines that not only make me remember the movie but often takes me back to the first time I saw it.

The following is a list of some of these that I consider memorable:

1) "oh, Auntie Em, there's no place like home."
2)"frankly my dear , I don't give a damn..."
3)"Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings."
4) "Love means never having to say you're sorry. "
5)"Here's looking at you, kid. "
6)"You can't handle the truth!! "
7)"Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get."
8)"Houston, we have a problem "
9)"ladies and gentlemen take my advice...pull down your pants and slide on the ice."
10)"Live long and prosper." ( this one I added for Corky..lol)

Do you know where these quotes came from?? Did I miss any that you would add to this list?? I will post the answers tomorrow if anyone wants to know..lmao.

As always to be continued...........

3 comments:

Barbara Doduk said...

I'm a movie nut, and I've actually blogged about a lot of these movies in the last weeks.

1) Wizard of Oz
2) Gone with The Wind
3) It's a Wonderful Life
4) Love Story
5) Casablanca
6) A Few Good Men
7) Forest Gump
8) Appollo 13
9) MASH (A CLASSIC!)
10) Any Star Trek (I'm a Trekkie)

Cheers!!

Phoenix5 said...

What is the one-liner you were mentioning in CSI:Miami?

I too was shocked with how it ended. As I was saying to Mrs. Phoenix, the ending left us with more questions than usual! Like, why was Horatio just standing in front of the wing for such a long time? Why did no one respond to H falling down? And what was with the text message on Greg's phone? Was he the shooter? All these questions... and no answers for MONTHS! GAHHHH!

I have to agree with you though, CSI:Miami wouldn't be CSI:Miami without Horatio Caine! He was one of the main reasons I got into the show. I always wanted a boss like him!

Here's another Trekkie one-liner for you: "Most illogical!"

Phoenix5 said...

Greg? What was I thinking? RYAN! Mr. Wolfe!!!