Sunday, February 3, 2008

SOS: AFTER THE M.F.H ENDED

Welcome everyone to another edition of Soap Opera Sunday. If you would like to play see brillig or kate for details and rules. If you decide to play and wanna get some linky love for your story please go here.


I have given a lot of thought about what should follow my telling of "The Marriage From Hell".... and somehow it only seems fitting that what should come next...is...well what actually came next. ( Now Fica...I think you know this story?? If so, don't spoil the ending in comments please....lmao.)
I won't bore you with the details of what followed our breakup. Fuckhead has never taken no for an answer very well...and things were pretty crazy in those initial days...lets just sum it up by saying it included physical abuse..verbal threats..and one night, things went as far as an attempted rape...details of which are NOT suitable for SOS..so lets move on...
The following years were lonely ones...I was a single mom with very little support or help. To say my social life was on life support would be an understatement...and for the most part that was ok with me...I accepted it as my fate in life.
It wasn't that I even wanted another man in my life...I had trusted two men in my life...FH and my father...both of which hurt me and abused me...and I knew there was no way I could ever let any man get that close to me ever again. I locked up my heart and threw away the key...
Yet I was so sad and lonely...I was so desperate to not feel all alone in the world... I would lay in bed crying myself to sleep thinking that I would be alone forever....
Those were long, lonely years....eventually I somehow came to peace with it and accepted my life how it was. I can't say I was happy about it...but I remember thinking that I just had to accept it. I decided that I would spend my life raising and tending to the needs of my gremlins. When they were old enough that they didn't need me anymore, I would be one of those old ladies who spent her Saturday nights playing bingo then going home and cuddling with her cats..lol.
This was how my life went until the fall of 2000 when my best friend in the world convinced me that I should get myself a computer and the internet. Little did I know how it would change my life..lol
I will go into some of the trouble I managed to cause another time..lol.
Fast forward to February of 2002...my best friend W and I decided we needed to have a girls night out...and proceded to get very drunk...lol. She had come across an online website where singles could meet and exchange info...and she wanted me to sign up. I refused...after all, I thought, what kind of nuts would sign up for something like this. Besides that, who would want to have anything to do with someone like me...I was fat and ugly...and not exactly a good catch being a single mom of 2 young gremlins...
Anyway, after a number of very strong drinks W and I decided to make me a profile on this site...thinking that I had nothing to lose...and I knew I wasn't going to include any personal info...
At first, we were goofy...then common sense overcame my drunken mind and I insisted that we be honest and accurate. I figured that no one would be interested anyway, and that would be that!!!
We had a great time that night...as we always did...we went out dancing and were goofy...
It wasn't until the next morning that I again thought about the profile that we had made on that dumb site...I went to check it out to make sure it wasn't totally stupid sounding....then gave SERIOUS thought to deleting....the whole idea made me feel uncomfortable and insecure..
I don't know why...but for some reason an inner voice told me to leave it alone...and I did. A few times during the day I again went back to the site determined to delete the profile, but I just couldn't do it. At this point, I decided that I would leave it up for one week...then I would delete it and not look back, no matter what !!!
The following night (Monday) I was playing on the computer and decided to check out the site. When I logged on, I had 3 messages from people that had viewed my profile and wanted to make contact with me. I was actually shocked that anyone even took the time to read it...
The first message was from a man that lived in my hometown and liked my profile. He said he liked women that were FFB (full figured and beautiful)..then proceeded to tell me that he was happily married and just looking for someone to have an affair with...
I believe my response to him was a brief FUCK YOU ASSHOLE....oh yeah baby, I am sure as hell gonna help this guy have an affair like the skank that screwed my FH while I was home taking care of the gremlins???? whateverrrrrrrrrrr...
Next, came the second message....from a chick that had a husband but wanted to explore her newfound h0mosexuality...I actually laughed out loud at this one...I didn't even respond, just laughed and deleted it...figured she had more to figure out than I did..lol.
At this point, I was convinced that my initial instincts were right and I should just delete it all...but decided to read the third message..
It was from a male...who was single and straight...something the first 2 candidates weren't...lol.
He lived in a little town not too far from me and wanted to know if I would add him to my msn. I hesitated for a few minutes but didn't figure it could do much harm so I added him to my instant messenger...
Was this a mistake??? Was I asking for trouble??? Would he turn out to be some kind of loser or whacko??? Only time would tell I guess...........
As always, to be continued ( next Sunday)........

5 comments:

Shellie said...

Hmmm. I'm assuming SOMETHING happened after that. How interesting. I hope he's cool.

Burfica said...

did he have one eye and a nose on the side of the head??? or or or, a wooden leg??? hehehehehehe

Okay I won't spoil it.

Phoenix5 said...

Here we go again! You certainly know how to hook your readers, don't you? ;-)

Keep 'em coming, my friend! Always an interesting read!

chelle said...

*on the edge of my seat*

jAMiE said...

Oh i can't wait to read your story...thank goodness it's almost Sunday, yay!