Saturday, January 12, 2008

SPREADING MY LOVE

I have spent most of the last 5 hours reading through blogs ,catching up on what I have missed over the last few weeks. Between sick computers and painful hernias I haven't logged as much blog time as I would have liked so it was nice to take a lazy Saturday night to catch up. I should mention I have been consuming some vodka coolers while I did it, which is something I never do...so anyone that got a smartass comment to a post, please accept my sincerest apologies..lol.


A few days ago, barbara awarded me the following :



I always find it such a big surprise when I receive such an award but I am always grateful and extremely touched. This blog has become my sounding board...and the blogs that I read regularly have come to mean a great deal to me. I will pass this award along in a day or two...but for tonight, this award has got me thinking of the people in my life that I try to "spread" love to as often as possible.
Of course, at the top of the list is my gremlins. These two creatures drive me crazy (and tonight have even driven me to consume alcohol). BUT there is nothing that I would not do for these same gremlins. I would give my life for either of them in a split second without even thinking about it. While I am the first one to bitch about how they drive me nuts, if someone else tries to fuck with EITHER of them ( and yes that includes the morons at school)...I am the first one to have their back and heaven help anyone that gets my "momma bear" mode going...including the gnome!!! lol
That moves nicely into the next person on my list...the gnome!!! This man has been in my life for almost 6 years...and in many ways, he saved me. He is my soulmate and while he is FAR from perfect, I would not trade him for anything and again, I would give my life if it would save him. I think the most important thing he has taught me is how to say sorry and really mean it!!! I never really knew what true love meant until I met him, and God truly blessed me when He gave me this gnome.
My mom is definitely on this list. As an incest survivor, my relationship with my Mom has not always been an easy one. For a long time, I hated her for not protecting me...and it was really hard to forgive her, but I did and I am so glad I did. She can still say the stupidest things and drive me insane but I love her so much and as an adult, we have became very close. I love her more than words could ever express. I was reading this post tonight, and it reminded me of when my mom used to go to Florida every winter for weeks at a time. Every time she left, the gremlins and I would lose it and cry for hours. This used to make my mom mad until one day I told her " you should be grateful to have someone in your life that loves you enough to cry when you leave"..we should all be so lucky!!!
My blogger buddies...you all are a great bunch...you have all come to mean a great deal to me...you make me laugh, sometimes make me cry...but more importantly, you make me think...what a special gift!! I am grateful to you all and I heart the bunch of ya...
Finally I have one special buddy, who is an online friend that I WILL meet someday I am sure. I love this woman and admire her in ways I couldn't even begin to explain. She has inspired me, supported me and kicked me in the ass when I truly needed it. She has taught me so very much about living, loving and forgiving...and has helped me mend old wounds that I had kept hidden from the world before I met her...she is truly a gift from God and I tell her that often. Love ya George!!!!!
So here I sit, counting my many blessings and drinking my vodka coolers..lol
As always, to be continued.................

9 comments:

Burfica said...

oh honey awesome post. One can never have to much love, or to many people that love them!!!

I lubs ya!!!!

Burfica said...

see I must be tired, there was no smart ass comment about the vodka coolers or anything. lol

Kateastrophe said...

Hello darling! thanks for ALL those comments! Just fyi, to see the stats for your blog, you have several site meter options, but I use Google Analytics. It's free and easy and walks you through the steps!! email me at kateastrophe@cox.net if you have any more questions!!

Kisses!!

Jodi said...

I "heart" you, too!!!

J.

Rick Rockhill said...

what a nice recogition..first time I've seen that one before. Glad you are out again. :-)

Phoenix5 said...

Good to see you back online, my friend! I <3 you too!

the planet of janet said...

i <3 you too...

Maureen said...

I had to go back and re-read your comment on my blog after I read this... and no, your comments were very sweet and clear.

You must have hit mine first. ;)

Luv ya too. Good to see you back.

Barbara Doduk said...

I am so glad it spurred on thoughts of love. You deserve it.

BIG CYBER HUGS
Barbara