Monday, December 10, 2007

SATURDAY VISIT

As I am sure you all noticed, I have a new "wintery" look...what do y'all think??? I found this template on the blog of a friend of coffee table's blog. I thought it was strangely appropriate for a "canadian flake"...so I borrowed it...

We had a long day on Saturday but a nice day. The gnome's grandmother, aunt and uncle came to town for a visit so we all got together at the gnome's brother's house. These relatives live on the other side of the country so the gremlins and I had never met any of them...we had only spoken a few times on the phone.

Everyone seemed to have a really good time and we hated to leave at the end of the evening...but we were all exhausted.

Most of you may remember that the gnome's paternal grandfather passed about about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Saturday was the first time we had seen the gnome's parents since this happened and as soon as I got there, all I wanted to do was hug the stuffing out of gnome senior....I just felt so bad for him.

I will mention that as Saturday approached, I became increasingly nervous about meeting his family members, especially grandma gnomette. The gnome kept assuring me that everything would be fine and they would love me...but I was not so convinced...

The thoughts that ran through my mind were the following...that they would take one look at me and think that I was not good enough for the gnome.....that the gremlins and I were a burden to him and that he could do better then me...

I worked myself up pretty good and was almost sick to my stomach.....I wanted to run away and hide so badly, but I knew that I couldn't let the gnome down. As much as I want to strangle him at times, I love that gnome with all my heart and I WOULD walk through fire to save him without a second thought....

Luckily he was right...they were all wonderful and I fell instantly in love with them...it was a really nice day!!!!

The only down side was that Saturday night was also the gnome's Christmas party for work. By the time we got home from the visit, we had missed the party. I know he was looking forward to it but we both knew this visit with his grandma was more important. She is 80-something years old and there is always the chance we might not see her again alive...Fingers are crossed that this won't be the case, but ya never know....

So the end result was a really nice day....and the gnome was right!!! Damn don't ya just hate it when those gnomes are right?? It goes straight to their head...lmaoooooooooo

As always, to be continued................

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, I love the snowman template. I almost put this one on mine, too.

Glad everything worked out for you with the family.

J.

Phoenix5 said...

Count on the Phoenix to point out one "bug-a-boo" with your new template! LOL! Your ship photo doesn't quite blend in... sorry!
Otherwise, I love the template! Like you said, it is so fitting for you!

I'm so glad you had a good experience with the extended in-laws! Now you have some more people in your corner!

Oh,and, by the way... all of us gnomes are always right! That's MY story and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

Have a great week, blogbuddy!

none said...

Nice layout.

Yep it's always important to let the kids meet the elderly relatives. My kids love their great grandmothers never know how long they will be around.

Burfica said...

My son knew his great grandpa, didn't quiet understand when he died. Until my mom died. I don't think he had a huge grasp on it, jsut that pets die, not people. But I'm so glad you all got to meet. Wonderful times. Seee...you are more lovable than you think!!!!!

captain corky said...

Your blog looks really good!

I'm glad that meeting his family was a good experience for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Very cute template...love it.

Mia said...

This template is so You....I love it!

jAMiE said...

I love the snowflakes...and it fits with your blog so well...nice!