Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I have wanted to learn how to put youtube clips on blog for ages and last night, my dear buddy burfica showed me how easy it is. I want to warn you all that the next 2 clips are not meant to be viewed by anyone that is squeamish...


The following are 2 commercials that are currently being aired on TV channels up here. They have been produced by the provincial agency that promotes safer working conditions in our province.

The gnome and I have talked about them quite a bit because we both agree that worker safety is extremely important, but we both think maybe these commercials are a bit over the top, especially because I have seen them on at times when there is the potential for young kids to see them. My gremlins are teenagers now and I don't think I would want them to see this ads. What do y'all think????






As always, to be continued................

8 comments:

Burfica said...

Those are definatly to much for kids to see I think.

But I can so relate with the last one. They people my husband used to work for, never had safety right. There were 4 deaths and three injuries that ended up "retiring" the people for good. My husand had to work as EMT on most of those. It was bad bad bad. Scary stuff.

whatevergirl said...

I haven't watched the Youtubes yet...kiddies in the room, but I LOVE your new winter scene...it is 75 degrees here...it has set records for 2 days in a row..mostt people are saying it doesn't feel like Christmas...I say "It doesn't and that IS GREAT!! It feels like SPRING!"

Phoenix5 said...

I hadn't seen the second one, but I definitely agree with you, they are too much for kiddies. The screams from the burn victim are chilling. Unfortunately, the "responses" of the other "employees" are way too calm to be believable. I definitely agree that more needs to be done to ensure employee safety, but scaring the living daylights out of kids is not the way to do it. I wish the ministry had spent the money for those commercials on enforcement instead. Do you remember the Harris Conservatives firing most of their inspectors a few years ago? Now look what we get... typical stupid government...

Rick Rockhill said...

Oh my gosh Flake, those are INTENSE...especially the second one. sheesh

the planet of janet said...

yikes!!! those are a little rugged.

Alekx said...

They are intense. Unfortunatly in today's society with how desensatized we've become. Seems like things have to get more shocking for any of us to take any notice.

Biddie said...

I really like these ads. I think that they hit the point home.
My kids are ll older 13, 16, 19, and I am fine with them. I wouldn't like my little one's too see them tough, if they were much younger than 13.

Marni said...

OMG... those make me cringe. I don't think I'd want my kids to see 'em... J-man already has nightmares about the least little things. Those would push him over the edge.