Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'M BACKKKKKKKK....I THINK


Wow what a week. I think I might actually be back among the land of the "computer living"...although I am not completely sure yet. This last week with NO computer...no way to blog...and 2 gremlins at home driving me crazy has not been my finest hour. I think I am ready to run away and never come back...but that is an entirely different post....lol.


So last Monday, I posted a quick Merry Christmas post and then unhooked this stupid machine so the gnome could take it to work with him. It was seriously screwed up and we were hoping against hope that the tech guy at his work might be able to find something small that needed to be fixed...hahahaha whatever made me think that my luck would change...I must have been smokin something that isn't quite legal...lol.


So after looking at it half the day, techman still couldn't find the problem and of course it was Christmas eve so he was leaving early. No worries I said, it was Christmas and I appreciated his help. We had a busy Christmas eve and Christmas day so I was fully entertained...until about 4pm. We had spent the afternoon with my sister and then Mom which was really nice...but then had to drop off the gremlins at FH's house for 2 days...


When we got home, reality set in.....Christmas was over...there was no gremlins to fight with and no computer to blog on...so now what?!?!?! Luckily the next day(the 26th), FH decided he didn't want the gremlins around anymore and called to ask us to go get them. I was glad to have them back home safe again and away from his clutches...


On Thursday, I was supposed to go back to work so my panic over the sick computer kicked into overdrive....remember I need this beast for my work. By midafternoon, I got the word that although techman thought he knew what was going on, he couldn't fix it until the next day....wooooohoooo I couldn't WAIT to call my boss and tell him I couldn't work (yes people that IS sarcasm...lol). I knew he was gonna be pissed but what can ya do eh??? He wasn't too bad but was nice enough to remind me that Canadian labour laws state that since I missed my first scheduled shift after the holiday, I forfeited the holiday pay I was entitled to for Christmas...yeahhhhhh Happy New Year to you too Mr Bossman fucktard!!!


Well, techman finally got the computer back to me on Friday afternoon....20 minutes before my shift was supposed to start. Unfortunately, they had to wipe out everything and reload windows...which meant I had 20 minutes to reload software for my internet connection and the program I needed for work...oh yeah baby, bossman loved me even more when I called him to tell him I was gonna be late starting work...bet I get "employee of the month" for this week...lmaoooooo.


But all is well that ends well.....I am still trying to get this computer to do what I want...for some reason, I can't get any sound when I try to play a movie...and this one has me stumped. The DVD will play....I can see the picture...but no sound at all...I can get sound on my game site and other sites but not when I try to play a DVD....is totally weird....


Anyone got an answer for that one??? Can any computer wizard solve this mystery??? Maybe I need Scooby Doo and the gang to help me out????


Either way, it is great to be back....I have missed you all and will be stopping in over the next day or 2 to catch up...lots of love to you all.....


As always, to be continued............

12 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

Welcome back, my friend! Hope the withdrawal symptoms weren't TOO drastic...LOL! I wish I could help you with your computer issues, but I'm as much in the dark as you are! Nice of your boss to be such a jerk-off about it too. We need to get you a better job...

All the best in 2008 to you and yours!

none said...

You might want to go into your control panel and sound options to make sure all your levels are turned up.

I've seen them get disabled by a reinstall.

Glad you are up and tunning and were able to get your holiday pay.

Burfica said...

I'm glad your backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I've missed youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

big hugggssssssssssssssssssssssss

Maureen said...

Yeah, I was going to suggest the Control Panel check too... and also make sure you have the drivers for your DVD player... could be something you need to add on top of the reinstall of Windows. Check to see which DVD program you are running, then do an internet search for audio drivers for that manufacturer. Could be you just need to reinstall that too. Good luck, great to have you back. Here's hoping 2008 is better than 2007 for ya... take care.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Clueless...but stopping by to say

Happy New Year!

Phoenix5 said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

MomThatsNuts said...

Oh when my computer is not working I pitch a full blown mommy sized fit!! and I dont even work on mine!! Im glad it is back up and your on line again!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND

Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Flake and family.

Jodi said...

Yay, you're back in business! What kind of a job do you do, anyway?

I posted my "blogging buddy awards"....check 'em out.

Happy New Year, by the way.

Love ya,
J.

Rick Rockhill said...

I've been waiting and watching your blog for signs of life! Glad to have you back.

Happy New Year~

Barbara Doduk said...

Happy New Year.

the planet of janet said...

welcome back!! and happy new year!