Saturday, December 1, 2007

FOR GRANDPA S

Just a quick post of thanks for all the kind words and prayers that have been sent my way the last few days...they are more appreciated than you will ever know.

It is funny how a day can change things so drastically.

I got a call from my father in law yesterday morning to tell us that the gnome's grandfather had died suddenly the night before. He hadn't been ill so this was a big shock to the entire family. It fell upon me to go to the gnome's work and tell him the news, which I admit wasn't easy but I wouldn't have wanted him to find out from anyone BUT me.

That phone call was like a light switch being flipped.....I instantly went into action without thinking.....all the crap that I had floating around in my head was instantly pushed to the back burner...because I knew that it was my job to support my dear gnome and get him through this time. The crap is still there, but loving and supporting the gnome right now is more important.

He was blessed to grow up in a loving and supportive family...something I never had but always have admired. He talked to me a bit this morning sharing a few cherished memories of Grandpa doing things like teaching him how to play crib and how to drive... I am so glad he will always have these memories of such special times with Grandpa.

So to dear Grandpa S...we all love you very much and your entire family will miss you. We know that you are looking down on us all from heaven and we will see you again some day. Hope you find someone up there to pass the time with ...I wonder if they have crib tournaments in heaven??

R.I.P Grandpa....

As always, to be continued.........

11 comments:

Burfica said...

I'm so sorry hun, and give yourself and Gnome a big hug.

I'm sure he's up there playing all the crib he wants. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Oh grandpa...I'm sorry.

Mia said...

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. But always know he's up there watching over you now.

Biddie said...

Oh, Flake, I'm so sorry to hear about Grandpa. I'm glad that your hubby will have wonderful memories to keep him alive.

the planet of janet said...

i'm so sorry. sending hugs and prayers to you both

MomThatsNuts said...

So sorry for your loss! Your a wonderful support for the Gnome and I know he appreciates you. Prayers for your family at this time!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Grandpa. I think heaven is full of all the things we love to do. Mine would be blogging so I sure hope there are computers in heaven.

Flake, it's times like this when we are reminded of what and who is important to us. You're a good wife.

Phoenix5 said...

My sincere empathy for your loss, my friend. I, too, lost my dad's father very suddenly, with no warning, so I can fully understand how this loss affects you and your gnome. Those memories are wonderful things to have, and you are a wonderful wife to be so supportive. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Alekx said...

I'm so sorry hun.
Hugs and prayers for the whole family, take care of yourself in the process of all of this.

Barbara Doduk said...

I'm sure they have crib tournaments in heaven. Right next to the bingo hall where my grandma is yelling BINGO!

jAMiE said...

Sorry to hear about your loss..and sorry i'm so late in getting the news...i hope you and your family are coping well.