Tuesday, September 18, 2007

SICKNESS IS IN THE AIR

Just a quick note before I go watch the finale of Big Brother. I have wanted to post about this show badly all day but life has gotten in the way...

My dear poor pain in the ass gremlins are sick!!

Gremlin #2 started looking funny Saturday and I kept commenting that he didn't look right. I kept asking him if he was feeling ok and told him he better not be getting sick...lol. So like any male with a penis, he had to do the exact opposite ..lmao.

Sunday morning the lil bugger woke up looking flushed and glossy eyed and by supper he had a pretty good fever going...with a sore throat...

I kept him home from school on Monday and sent gremlin #1 packing...shortly after noon I got a call from the school that #1 was really sick and needed me to come get her before she passed out. By the time we got her home, she too had that "flushed, glossy eye look" and was raging with a very high fever.

The two little devils have always been this way...ever since they were babies.... He starts to get sick and his fever slowly builds and builds...he is still just as sick but at least you can get the meds started right away and try to control things somewhat...

But ever since my dear girl was a baby gremlin...she has liked to make me worry..lol. She can start to feel a bit bad but it isn't really anything then WHAM all the sudden out of no where her fever is 104 F....to the point of causing convulsions on one terribly scary night when she was an infant... My mom says I did the same kinda shit to her....so payback is a bitch..nice eh???

Well luckily Nurse Mommy is here to save the day...I got them both in to the doctor today who said they both have an infected throat and gave us some anti biotics to hopefully knock the shit outta it...**cross fingers here**...

I did have a bit of a laugh while waiting to see the doctor...as we were sitting in the office, I was beside gremlin #1 and she laid her head on my shoulder...I put my arm around her and let her snuggle in while we waited. Next to us, there was a little girl that looked to be about a year old and she was doing the same thing with her Mommy. I made ev1 in the room chuckle when I said "see?? no matter how old they get and no matter how much attitude they spew, when they get sick they ALWAYS come back to their Mommy"...lol.

Guess that is why I get the big bucks...

Off to watch BB now...will be here tomorrow with a wrap-up BB post...between tending the sick and badging....lmao

As always, to be continued.................

8 comments:

captain corky said...

I hope they feel better soon. Max is doing a lot better than he was the last week.

Biddie said...

Ugh. Two sick kids. That means that you will be next.
Good luck. I'll be thinking of you :)

Mia said...

Hope they feel better soon! Sucks to have them home sick. I know even at 19 & 22 they're babies when sick.

Anonymous said...

And you still sound so calm...

I hate sick. It makes me nervous. Feeling like I can't control things...You know?

Hope they get better soon!

Phoenix5 said...

Ummm... Flake? Do you know any males WITHOUT a penis? ;-)

Here's hoping the antibiotics do their job and your gremlins get better soon!

Take care, and get LOTS of sleep!

Burfica said...

How are they feeling today, (Wed) any better??? probably not for a couple days.

Gonna suck all the homework they have to catch up on.

jAMiE said...

Oh dear, i'm so sorry to hear this..i hope they feel better soon.

none said...

Sorry they are sick, lots of germs going around here too.