Thursday, August 30, 2007

HOLIDAYS ARE EXHAUSTING




Wowzers , being on vacation can surely be exhausting...lol


After a restful day of blogging and badging yesterday, we decided to get moving again today. Nothing too exciting...took gremlin #2 for a swim...then we all went to pizza hut for some food and did some back to school shopping.






It got cool here last night for some reason so when gremlin #2 and I wanted to go to the public pool for a swim, we had the entire pool to ourselves for almost the entire swim which we really enjoyed. The pool had been heated so the water was GREAT!! I feel sure that both of the gremlins and myself were fish in a former life because few things give us greater joy as a family, than swimming together (no offense intended to the great Dr Wang..lmao).






After our long dip, we got cleaned up and headed to O-town for the day. Did I mention that town is full of TERRIBLE drivers?? Some moron actually hit a metal light pole so hard that he sliced it into pieces and brought down some power lines in the process...can you say duhhhhhhhhhhh??? Of course, that backed up traffic but didn't delay us too long.






After we had enough shopping for one day, we decided to take the gremlins to an arcade for some fun. I think the gnome likes it more than the kids. Personally, I find it boring as hell but they all enjoy it, so I humoured them. I was there for about 5 minutes and I was ready to leave.....but they all seemed to have a good time so it was worth the drive.






All in all, a very good vacation day. It is hard to believe we only have 4 more days and the gremlins will be back to school. I am filled with a mixture of joy and dread...more to post about that later in the weekend I am sure....






I am off to watch the late edition of BB....can't wait to see who gets evicted...hope it is Amber.






See y'all tomorrow for BB Friday....






As always, to be continued..................

4 comments:

Burfica said...

oh that sounds like so much fun. We were poopers again this year and didn't get out to the lake. We used to go at least two or three times a week for a hour or two.

I miss it. We really should next year for sure.

I'll be here to hug ya when they go back to school. :(

jAMiE said...

Wow, sounds like you all had a fun filled day. I love to swim...when i had my house it had a pool and i swam every day, excellent exercise too.

Looking forward to BB Friday!

ps...sorry for not responding to your comment on my blog, i didn't mean to leave you out. I have responded now.

captain corky said...

Sounds like fun. I might have to go swimming in the poot at the Y soon. It's been almost a year since I went swimming last. Maybe even more than that.

Rick Rockhill said...

what a great time. I always think vacations are a bit exhausting. Last week a good friend came to PS to visit with her 3 kids. I was tired just watching her herd them around all week. I don't know how people do it!