Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A CANADIAN SOLDIER


The following is something that was sent to me by a dear friend. I have hestitated to post it because I didn't want to offend anyone. I love blogging and all my blogger friends are terrific. You entertain me...enlighten me and very often inspire me... It is my hope that this offends no one...if it does, I apologize.....
Written by a Canadian Mom
One of my sons serves in the army. He is still here in Canada. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and his fellow soldiers, everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.
But he also told me about an incident in the grocers' shop he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the quarters. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.
He said when she got to the checkout she loudly remarked about the Canadian Flag lapel badge the cashier wore on her blouse. The cashier reached up and touched the badge, and said proudly, " Yes, I always wear it and probably always will."
The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was an Afghani.
A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son,said in a calm and gentle voice to the Afghani woman.
"Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen.
It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly,I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Afghanistan so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here, in MY, country to avoid."
Everyone within hearing distance cheered!
GOD BLESS THE ARMED FORCES!!!
As always, to be continued...................

11 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

OH YEAH! RIGHT ON!!!!!! My sentiments EXACTLY! Canada is a FREE country... if you don't like what we do, you're FREE to leave and GO BACK HOME!

Besides, Canada isn't "bombing" anyone in Afghanistan... it's the Canadian (and other coalition) troops who are being bombed by the Taliban Afghanis. Our troops are there to rebuild what the Taliban destroyed during years of totalitarian rule. Of course the Taliban don't want their countrymen to benefit from this and would rather keep their country in the dark ages, so they attack the hand that is feeding them. Some people really need to take off the blinders and see the BIG picture.

Sorry Flake! Didn't mean to rant in your blog, but you do know that post is gonna spark comments, for or against, don't you? ;-)

Just call me a Red-Blooded Canadian Patriot!

Vickie said...

All I have to say is Amen. I'm glad there was someone who stood up to her and put her in her place---well tried to anyway.

none said...

Maybe she was happy living under sharia law...oh wait she lives in Canada...hmm. Good for the people who told her off.

Burfica said...

I've actually seen this being passed around the internet. I've seen the same story with Canada, Australia, England and America all in it. People probably just change the country for who they send it to.

But I say RIGHT ON to anyone that is proud enough of their country and service men and women to stand up for them!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That deleted comment was mine. I posted my mini-rant a nano-second before Burfica. If it is a hoax then it is inflammatory. God nothing surprises me anymore. Makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

Should say AFTER Burfica. Nevermind.

Unknown said...

Yeah, this one sounds almost too good to be true. Still, you go Canada. Keep up the good fight.

Alekx said...

I too have seen the same thing with different countries. I always love to see a country proud of their soldiers!!
They along with our police and firemen are the very true hero's of our world.

Canadian flake said...

Whether it is true or not...I just thought it was a nice story.

jAMiE said...

Here here.....thank you for posting that Flake!