Sunday, July 29, 2007

THE SUN HAS COME OUT...


I want to start this post by thanking everyone who took the time to read and comment on my last post. Your comments lifted my spirits and touched me deeply. After having such a crappy day, just knowing there were people who cared enough to read my ramblings.. has touched me more than you will ever know. I am so thankful to Burfica for turning me on to the world of blogging....it has enriched my life in ways that I hadn't expected... Yesterday I felt alone and broken and today I feel blessed and very lucky...so a big thanks to you all..

Today was most definitely a better day...the gnome took me and the gremlins out for a day of shopping and then we went to see a movie called "No Reservations". I have wanted to see it and we all enjoyed it. It wasn't quite what I expected, but it was good just the same.


As we drove home, the sun was shining but it was getting late enough in the day that the oppressive humidity was breaking for the evening (thankfully). I had the window down....the sun was shining on my face while the breeze cooled me...and all I could think was okkkk life is good. It was just one of those moments that you just don't want to end...ever!! I could sit there and think yeah ok sometimes things really suck...but ya can't sweat the small stuff so just sit back and enjoy this feeling......it was a good day for sure.


When I came home...I was relaxing and playing some games on line....I decided to pop in and check on my blog and there was a message from Palm Springs Savant that he had given my blog this award :



I am not only pleasantly surprised but honestly a little shocked. I started this blog at the urging of Burfica and have come to depend on it to vent...and use as a sounding board. I have been so blessed to find some really wonderful and remarkable bloggers and I think you are all amazing. You entertain me...make me laugh (even on a really terrible day)...and you all inspire me. I have seen these awards given out on other blogs and never expected anyone to think this rambling I call a blog worthy of such a thing.


To PS Savant, I say THANK YOU !! To everyone that reads my blog and allows me to enjoy theirs...I also say thank you.. you really are a wonderful bunch of people. I will pass this award along tomorrow...once I have given it some thought. It will be hard to choose because I think you are all fantastic..


Y'all come back now ya hear...(insert country hick drawl here)


As always, to be continued........................





7 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

It was my pleasure...you deserve the recognition from your peer group! Hope you have a good week!
Rick

jAMiE said...

Congratulations on your award, it is well deserved!

Happy posting...

Jamie

captain corky said...

Congrats on your award and I'm glad you're feeling better. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad you are feeling better.
Congrats on the award...very cool!

Biddie said...

Congats!
I'm glad that you're feeling better. Everyone has off days..Don't feel bad, that's what friends are for. Vent away.

Burfica said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!

I love driving in some fresh clean air with the windows down.

go out and watch the sunset, seems to renew the soul.

Vickie said...

What a beautiful photo---Congratulations on the award---it is so neat to be recognized and you deserve it.