Monday, July 30, 2007

DID I MENTION MONDAYS SUCK???

Gawdddddddd who created Mondays...don't they totally suck?? I mean who wants to go back to work knowing there is an entire week stretching before them ...waiting to drive them crazy..not me, that's for sure.........

As I mentioned on my last post, I have been awarded the Creative Blogger Award By Palm Springs Savant.


His blog is a really good read and I recommend it to any of you that haven't checked it out yet. He has an amazing eye for beautiful pics that he shares...and you haven't lived until you have read Dr Wang's advice...so go check it out.

Like the dedicated blog addict I am, I will now pass this award along to others...and I have given this some serious thought. If I pass this along to someone that already has it, please forgive me. I thought about checking that first, but decided to pick who I wanted to mention....if they already have it, then this will just be a bonus "kudos".....

1) dont eat the tomatoes - This blog is authored by my dear friend burfica who I love dearly. Although she has been a bit quieter the last few months due to summer holidays and entertaining a "kiddo"...she is definitely worth the wait. She has a good mix of humour and snark that makes her writings enjoyable. She turned me on to blogging in the first place...for that I owe her a great deal of thanks and my admiration.

2) dorky dad - This guy is completely hilarious. He has his wife post once a week or so and they are a great time. I always smile and giggle when reading their posts. I am fairly new to his blog, but it is among my favourites for sure.

3)momthatsnuts - This lady personifies snark. She has a tell-it-like-it-is mentality which I think is great. Her strength and intelligence shines through in her posts....and just when I think I have her figured out, she goes and posts something truly different. I really enjoy reading about her family.

4) twas brillig - This author writes about her life experiences ....she has lived a full and remarkable life, from what I can tell. Her writings transform me somewhere else when I read them...and most often, I am left hungry for more. She features SOAP OPERA SUNDAYS which I loveeeeeeee...often it is the highlight of my blogger weekend...so I give a big WTG to her.

5)JJ - I had lost the way to this gal's blog for awhile and I am glad I found my way back. I think the thing I enjoy most about this blog is when she posts about her daughter. She writes well and it takes me back to when my gremlins were that age. I can look back with fondness now...I was too stressed to enjoy that period of my life at the time, being a COMPLETELY overworked single mom with no support...so I envy her a lot.

6)shoofly - Melodyann is a take-no-prisoners kinda writer. She tells ya what she thinks and if you don't like it..well too bad. That being said...she is ABSOLUTELY hilarious and her posts always make me laugh my ass off...'nuff said!!!

It was hard for me to choice just 6...because I love you all or I wouldn't keep coming back to read.

Honorable mentions must go out to the following also -

Hammer - I am sure he already has this award and it is well deserved. In one word, his blog is amazing.

Corky - He also has already received this award (I think). He is hilarious...intelligent...has a GORGEOUS new baby boy...and best of all he is a trekkie like me...it doesn't get any better than that.

Jamie - I came across this blog last week by accident and have been a fan from the moment I started reading. This woman is one of the most inspirational people I have ever read. She has had so many bad things happen to hear and she keeps fighting. I think she is just amazing and I am a devoted reader now.

I hope you all check out some of these blogs...they are all talented writers and I find often I can't wait to read their next post.

As always, to be continued...............

14 comments:

Burfica said...

tytytytytyt I too enjoy most of the people you mentioned, and I plan to visit the one's I haven't been to before

(maybe you should go warn them all I'm coming) hehehehehe

Canadian flake said...

burfica - if they can handle me, they won't be worried about you stopping in...lmao.

Burfica said...

Flake---I dunno we may just be providing the loony bin with more patients after both of us are done. hehehehe

none said...

Congrats!

And thank you for the kind words!

Susan said...

Glad things are looking up for you now. So where will you be doing the laundry this week? Seems to me that your mom probably does remember what happened in the past. Perhaps she goads you into these quarrels as a way to punish herself too. Sometimes people cant forgive themselves and subconcuously try to incur punishment upon themselves.
This is a huge issue for both of you. I hope you can work around it. Sorry you were so hurt , both now and in the past.

Anonymous said...

Goodness, what a pleasure!!! Thank you for those wonderful words and for honoring me with such bling!!!

Don't envy me...The grass is always greener...I envy you for your experience with this age...I wish I had more of it...

(hugs)

Vickie said...

I'll be checking out those you linked, it is always nice to find new reads and some of the best come from others recommendations. Thanks for sharing your stars.

Brillig said...

Wow! Thanks! That's so incredibly kind! And while I'm familiar with most of your other honorees, I don't know them ALL, so I'm on my way to check them out!

Oh, and congrats to you! you SO deserve the award!

jAMiE said...

Hi Flake...thank you SO much for the honourable mention...you are so kind to say such things about me, i am truly honoured at your thoughtfulness.

Congrats on yours, it's well deserved!!!

jAMiE said...

ps...Mondays do suck!

jAMiE said...

back again...BB news..if you are a Nick fan, wait until you see him...let's just say he has a whole new look!

captain corky said...

Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoy your blog Flake and our friendship. Plus, like you said, we both LOVE Star Trek and both of us WORSHIP Kirk.

Alekx said...

My monday is a Saturday, How much does that suck. Huh huh sucks more than Monday being Monday.

Did that make sense. I've confused myself again

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.