Wednesday, June 20, 2007

LIFE IS BORING


Nothing new to report today,life is boring. I cut our lawn today. It was the first time I have ever done it and I rather enjoyed doing it. I think that will change with time but it is nice to look out the window and know that I did it..lol. Today was definitely cooler than yesterday,of which I was grateful.


Today I find myself missing my river a lot. It is the St Lawrence River and I grew up on it. I still call myself a river rat because I grew up walking by this river, camping on the islands of this river and swimming in the river.


It is,without a doubt ,my favourite place in the world to go. When my life was a living hell as a teenager, the river was where I often ran to hide and clear my thoughts. When things get to be too much....no matter how bad life gets...this river always seems to calm me with it's beauty and gentleness.


This river means so much to me that I shared it with the gnome on our 1st date. I explained how much that river means to me. So when he decided he was ready to propose, he took me down to my river . It was one of the most magical moments of my life. Sometimes that gnome makes me soooooo crazy but I will never forget that he took the time to make that evening special for me. It wasn't flashy, just simple and filled with love.


I will try to remember to take my digital camera and take some pics to post the next time I go to the river. If I can figure out how to do it...lmaooooo.


As always , to be continued..............
P.S. after I finished this post, I googled a pic of my river. These are some of the 1000 Islands and a bridge close to my hometown that leads to NY state. Hope you like it as much as I do.

9 comments:

Biddie said...

I know what you mean about missing the water...I miss Nova Scotia and the ocean SOOO much. There is nothing like the water, is there?
I have only been to teh 1000 i
Islands once, and honestly, it was the summer from hell, but it was beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)

Brillig said...

My husband was with me as your page loaded and he said, "WOW!!! Where's THAT???" So I read your post to him, and now we're both dying to go check it out. Absolutely gorgeous territory there!

Brillig said...

By the way, it was delightful to sit down at my computer just now and see all the comments you left me today!!!

Burfica said...

that is beautiful!!! I love bodies of water, well not true, the ocean is too big, but lakes and rivers and streams and what not. I'm glad you had such a beautiful place to escape too.

Phoenix5 said...

I know that place... I'm sure I've driven past it a few times! LOL! I also know that feeling... I spent a few years of my childhood in Nova Scotia and I love the ocean! I miss it all the time. I'm happiest sitting on a rock somewhere on the coast watching and feeling the tide come in. Something about the vastness of the ocean and the power of the waves just reduces all my worries to nothing.

Thanks for sharing!

Canadian flake said...

I am glad y'all enjoyed the pic. I will post some more pics as soon as I get my digital camera to work.

Susan said...

Hi Flake,
I came by your blog via your comment at Ellens site. I had to pop by and check out who this fellow Canadian is.
SO...Nice to meet you and I will be back again.
Your pic of the St Lawrence is stunning. I thought only BC could be so pretty! LOL.

Susan said...

oops sorry. Make that Vickies site where I saw you,, not Ellens!

Mia said...

Wow....beautiful.