Friday, June 8, 2007

DON'T QUIT

I received this poem from a friend the other day, and I thought it was nice enough that I would share it. Many years ago, when I suffered from depression, a very special man gave me some good advice. One of the things he used to say to me was to "get through today and worry about tomorrow when it comes" ...and honestly no truer words have been spoken. It may sound simplistic but these words have kept me going when I thought my life was over, and I didn't know where I would find the strength to carry on. Hope you like this poem as much as I did ......


Don't Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road your trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit.
It's when things seem worse that you must not quit.

have a great weekend all....

As always, to be continued.........

8 comments:

Mia said...

smiles...I like that...very inspirational. Thanks

MomThatsNuts said...

I have heard a much less optimistic version of this poem!! something about guns and death..lol Thanks for coming by and asking about the trolls...they are a pain. The office manager called me and told me that the doctor wanted to apologize to me PERSONALLY for his HOT HEADEDness...whatever...

Biddie said...

I could have used that a couple of days ago...Success is failure turned inside out..I kind of like that. :)

Molly said...

Thank you for the poem. After suffering a few bouts of depression many years ago, I realize that, "get through today and worry about tomorrow when it comes", is priceless advice. Take care.

Phoenix5 said...

Thanks for sharing Flake! That poem, and the advice you were given, are so true!

I've been taught that failing is NOT bad, QUITTING is! You can't measure success if you don't have failure! I think our school system has it all wrong these days! But that is yet another rant! LOL!

Have a great weekend!

none said...

So true there are no two ways about it!

Laurie said...

very true. thanks!

Burfica said...

hey flakie baby!!!! shocked to see me?? hehehehe

When I went through my worst depression and tried suicide those times. After I got help I always kept a very sad picture of Jesus by my bed. He has the crown of thorns, and bleeding and torn, and he was crying and looking to heaven. I always told myself that he went through all of that for me to live, and what the hell am I whining about. If he could go through all that for his love for us, then I could go through my crap and be stronger for it. I owed him that much at least.

Just something that has always helped me.

Love ya girlie