Friday, May 4, 2007

My thoughts

Well, it has surely been a longgggggg week and I am glad Friday is here. I have some current health issues going on that have made me spent time reflecting and considering....what will the future hold...what would happen to the Gnome and gremlins if I couldn't stay on earth with them as long as I want to....pretty weighty subjects I know...these are the times when I have to give myself a shake, remember to have faith that it will all work out the way it is supposed to, then get off my ass and go for a walk....so that is what I am going to do... I just wanted to share a poem a friend sent me.

I have seen it many times and I am sure a lot of you have also, but I still re-read it because I think it's message is an important one (to me anyway). As I know I have said before, no matter how much I may want to flush them away, my gremlins NEVER leave me or go to bed without hearing that I love them...because in the end, to me, that it the most important gift I can give...and when my times comes (or God forbid THEIR time comes)....I will have the peace of mind knowing that I told them every chance I could that my love for them has no end.....and no boundaries...

Mommy.. Johnny brought a gun to school,
He told his friends that it was cool,
And when he pulled the trigger back, It shot with a great crack.
Mommy, I was a good girl, I did What I was told, I went to school, I got straight A's, I even got the gold!
But Mommy, when I went to school that day,
I never said good-bye, I'm sorry Mommy, I had to go,
But Mommy, please don't cry.
When Johnny shot the gun, He hit me and another,
And all because Johnny, Got the gun from his older brother.
Mommy, please tell Daddy; That I love him very much,
And please tell Zack; my boyfriend; That it wasn't just a crush.
And tell my little sister; That she is the only one now,
And tell my dear sweet grandmother;
I'll be waiting for her now,
And tell my wonderful friends; That they always were the best;
Mommy, I'm not the first, I'm no better than the rest.
Mommy, tell my teachers; I won't show up for class,
And never to forget this, And please don't let this pass.
Mommy, why'd it have to be me?
No one deserves this, Mommy, warn the others,
Mommy I left without a kiss.
And Mommy tell the doctors; I know they really did try, I think I even saw a doctor, Trying not to cry.
Mommy, I'm slowly dying, With a bullet in my chest,
But Mommy please remember, I'm in heaven with the rest;
Mommy I ran as fast as I could, When I heard that crack,
Mommy, listen to me if you would, I wanted to go to college,
I wanted to try things that were new, I guess I'm not going with Daddy, On that trip to the new zoo.
I wanted to get married, I wanted to have a kid,
I wanted to be an actress, Mommy, I wanted to live.
But Mommy I must go now, The time is getting late,
Mommy, tell my Zack, I'm sorry but I had to cancel the date.
I love you Mommy, I always have, I know; you know it's true,
And Mommy all I say is, "Mommy, I love you."

In Memory of The Columbine & Virginia Tech Students Who Were Lost

As always, have a great Friday all. To be continued..........

4 comments:

Burfica said...

I so know what you mean, when my health issues act up real bad, I get alot of the feelings of not going to be around long enough.

Phoenix5 said...

That poem is such a sad commentary on our society today. Makes you wonder when our governments are going to wake up and realize that their liberal agendas have created this and that things to change and change FAST! But don't hold your breath or anything...

Phoenix5 said...

I hate it when I miss a word and am not able to go back and edit it after posting! GRRR! After the word "things" should be the word "need"!

Melody said...

No offence taken and please stop by again...I'll be putting up a new post soon. If I could figure out how to delete that comment I would...Lol