Tuesday, May 29, 2007

HUMANS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO EAT THEIR YOUNG!!!!

Today is one of those days that has reminded me that I DO understand why some species eat their young!!!! I am honestly thinking that they are on to something.

At this point, I should mention for those of you who don't know, that my youngest gremlin has ADHD. To say that this has made life interesting would be an understatement. Honestly, I look back at the last decade and I honestly do NOT know how I have managed to keep ME sane and HIM alive (yeah yeah fica, I know you have a smartass response to that comment, but try to control yourself....lmao).

Anyway, he is 12 now and every time I think we are making a little bit of progress, he starts to fall back into his comfortable routines, which this year have included lying on many occasions and stealing money from us(that one just about broke my heart).

I love that boy with all my heart, and no one could love him more but omggggggggggg sometimes (like today) I just wanna give up and say enoughhhhhhh I QUITTTTTTTTTT!!! I don't imagine anyone can understand that and I know it makes me sound like a bad Mom but sometimes it is just honestly how I feel.

It is times like today that I try to remind myself that it could always be worse. He could have a terminal disease or could certainly be a lot worse off than he is. I do understand that...but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with days like today. Like every parent, I just want the best for my gremlins. I want them to grow up, be healthy and happy and have a good life. But man oh man, sometimes I wanna get off the ferris wheel of parenthood and just have a "normal" ride for a bit...whatever the hell that is...

Anyway, end of rant....

As always, to be continued......

4 comments:

Burfica said...

hehehehe well, of course I have a smart ass response. hehehee

Hey be glad you are only on the ferris wheel of parent hood, you could be on the tilt a whirl, or god forbid on the TOWER OF TERROR!!!

I'll give you some motion sickness pills, see if that helps.

Zibi said...

Just hang in there ... BTW nice blog

Phoenix5 said...

Hey Flake! Someone once said that Children are the penalty for having good sex! Or something like that! LOL! Others have said that our kids are the retribution for what we did to OUR parents! Hmmmm....

All silliness aside, I feel for you, Flake! I was blessed in that both my girls don't have ADD or ADHD, but I have dealt with a few of them in various church roles. I honestly don't know how you parents of ADD/ADHD kids keep from strangling them in their sleep! I guess we are given enough love to deal with our own kids and all their issues.

What puzzles me is, why are there so many cases of ADD/ADHD kids these days? In all the stuff I've read about it, I've never come across a clear statement explaining what causes the condition! Hopefully someone, somewhere will figure it out and allow us to correct it - it's my feeling it's environmental, but that's just a wild guess.

Keep your chin up! We're rootin' for ya!

Kathleen said...

I just came across your blog today, and let me tell you! I know how you are feeling. Well, sort of. You see, my brother had ADHD, and what you describe is exactly what my mother (and us other kids) had to go through. It was hell. Just like you said, sometimes it would get better, then bamm...it was worse again. Let me tell you...it does get better. My brother started to grow out of it about 17. Not completely gone, but at least starting to see the light. He is now 24, married, with a kid of his own, and still see it once in a while....but thank God for letting us get through the bad stuff cuz we see so much good in him now!
Good luck with your boy! I know you will make it out the other end, very soon! Just hang in there!