Monday, May 7, 2007

7 things about me

I have been tagged by burfica(and now Laurie too..lol) and have decided to take up the challenge. I am supposed to list 7 thing about me that no one knows... Now I will say that most of these things will be already known by my dear friend heartsinglass (stop in and say hi because she is new to the world of blogs). Probably some of them will also be known by my dear burfica, but here it goes:

1) The first thing that comes to mind is that I am an incest survivor. I will spare you all the graphic details but I can say for certain that as terrible as it was, it made me a stronger person. For a long time, I hated the man that hurt me and now honestly I pity him. I know that he will meet his maker someday and he WILL have to explain himself and why he isn't sorry for his actions. Carma can be a real bitch eh??

2) In my last post, I mentioned my ex-loser. The night I kicked him out makes for a good giggle now (all these years later). I found out he was having an affair on me. Our gremlins were only 2 1/2 yrs old and 5 months old. I kicked his sorry ass out that very night. The funny part is that when he left, I took his clothes and threw them at him off the 2nd floor balcony of our apartment. I am sure someone must have thought I lost my mind, but it seemed like a good idea at the time..lmao.

3) Because of #2 , I was a single mom for 8 years and honestly I am not sure how I survived....or more accurately how the gremlins did!! Some days when I got them to bed, I would just sit down and cry wondering how I would find the strength to get up and do it all over again the next day, but I always did somehow....and now I sure am glad I did.

4) When my gremlins were little, I used to watch Barney with them at least twice a day. We used to sing the songs together and sometimes would dance too. The gnome makes fun of that , but honestly I did what I had to do to stay sane. We would go out for a walk everyday and would walk down the street singing barney songs. Years later, an old lady I knew told me that she used to look for us everyday and would watch us sing our way by her house. She told me we always looked so happy, and she missed seeing us (once the kids got old enough to be in school during the day). I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't happiness that made me sing with them, it was trying to entertain them so I didn't have to strangle them...lmao.

5) When I was young, we had a dog named Buster. We all loved that dog with everything we had . He was a beagle/terrior mix and he lived to be 20 yrs old. He got cancer and I will never forget the day my Mom called me to tell me they had put him down. I cried for days, and to this day, almost 20 yrs later, I still expect to see Buster come running when I go to my Mom's house. He was a nasty old coot but we loved him just the same.

6) I went to Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario ,Canada. Although I didn't graduate, I was a Bachelor of Music major . There is a long story about why I didn't finish school and I will post about that another time. I do regret not finishing, but as I always say, everything happens for a reason even if you don't know what the reason might be....life has it's own twists and turns and ya gotta buckle up and keep going on the ride!!

7)I have owned 3 cats in my life. The first cat's name was Arthur. He was big and fat and black . He came into my life my 1st year of university. A new friend came to my apartment all upset, because she had been to a party where a bunch of drunk idiots were playing "cat -ball". They went into a room, closed the door, formed a circle and started kicking the cat around like it was a ball. It still makes my blood boil to think about it. Anyway, my friend catnapped Arthur and ran away after screaming at the fucktards (that word is a "burfica"ism..lol). Well ,she brought Arthur to me because she didn't know what to do, since her room mate was allergic to cats and I lived alone. He was one mean, nasty cat I will tell ya. The next day we took him to the vet to make sure he was ok. Luckily they hadn't broken anything, but the vet said he had been abused for awhile(which explained his nastiness), so home he came with me to stay. At first, I thought he was a mean ol shit but now I look back and realize what a gift he was. I was so miserable and alone. God knew Arthur and I needed each other to love, I honestly believe that. We were roommates for months, and one night that grump came up, sat down on my lap and started purring...I was so shocked to hear it, I thought he was choking..lol. He had never purred before and it took all that time for him to love me enough to purr for me...and I sat there and cried as I listened to him. As April rolled around and the school year ended, one day Arthur just disappeared and never came home. I prayed for him and looked for days, but never saw him again. I hope he found someone else that needed him as much as I did.
A few years later, after I left school I bought a new kitten named Bandit. She was so sweet and over the years, she was a loving and caring friend to me. She slept with me at night, purred for me daily, and when I started to have flashbacks about my past, she would lay across my chest and purr until I calmed down and stopped crying. She lived for 17 yrs and I still miss her daily.
My third cat's name is Bootsie. She is still with us and is almost 18 yrs old now. She is sitting beside me on the floor. I took her in because someone threw her and her brother in a snowbank and left them to die when they were about 6 weeks old. I have always told my gremlins, God brought Bootsie to us because she needed a family to love her. And let me tell you, whoever abandoned her missed out . She has been a loving part of our family and when it is time for her to go be with Bandit in heaven, we will miss her greatly.

Sorry I rambled on...but I liked this one...I tag heartsinglass,zippie and phoenix ...will be watching for your answers.



9 comments:

none said...

Heavy stuff.

I hate animal abusers. I stopped hanging out with a group of supposed friends after I was told they did the cat ball thing.

The ringleader got his just rewards
a few months later. He rolled his SUV after TRYING to hit cat on the side of the road.

He lost his hand..and he was a drummer...

Burfica said...

My mom raised us by herself, since I was 5. I'm sure she had alot of those crying times too.

The dog we have now is named Buster, he's a pointer/greyhound mix.

I have lots of cat stories too.

What a neat thing for that old lady neighbor. You know you sang to keep you from killing them, and seeing you all probably was one of her highlights of the day. I'm sure it made her smile each day, and that's important for us all to do, is to smile at least once a day.

Canadian flake said...

hammer- guess it does prove that karma really can be a bitch eh?

fica- if the old lady would have been able to read my mind, she would have run away screaming instead of smiling..lmao.

MomThatsNuts said...

Fun to read about other people. Reminds me of a story about a man that was complaining that his cross was just too much to bear..so Jesus took him in a room and offered him his choice of the other crosses..after looking at all of them, the man left with his own cross. We all have what we have for a reason I guess. Im glad you came out OK!! Im glad I did too!!

Mom

Canadian flake said...

Mom - many would argue that I came out INSANE instead of OK.. but I agree with your point...everything happens for a reason, and in the end, it happens the way God wants it to.

Phoenix5 said...

Music major, huh? What was your focus? I wanted to study music post-secondary, but my parents were not supportive. Oh well, something to add to my own list. Look for my list in the very near future!

Have a great week!

P.S. I second the comments about animal abusers. They make my blood boil. I'm glad you adopted him and taught him all about love! Kudos to you!

Alekx said...

your bootsie has a way to go before she becomes a cockroach kitty. :-)

Laurie said...

great answers. glad you really took this one to heart. nice to get to "know" you.

Canadian flake said...

phoenix - I was a music major and played trumpet (among many other instruments). I wanted to teach music and inspire kids. Part of the reason I didn't finish was because my parents weren't supportive either.

alekx - I think I am glad my ol girl isn't a cockroach..lol.

laurie - thx for the tag. I really did enjoy doing this one.