Sunday, August 17, 2008

OLYMPIC CHEATERS

I am sitting here growling and screaming at the TV tonight.

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I have been watching a lot of the Olympic coverage this week. I am a HUGE fan of gymnastics and always enjoy cheering for the US women's team( I think I mentioned that too).

Anyway, I usually do like to give ev1 the benefit of the doubt and I don't like to believe that anyone cheats until it is proven (rumph rumph ummmmm sorry Ben Johnson and Marian Jones...but you SUCK!!!!)

I have watched these gymnastics over the last 4 or 5 days and have watched the US get HOSED on more than one occasion while the Chinese are handled medals they haven't deserved.

When I watched the Chinese fall off the beam and have MULTIPLE bobbles and mistakes but still get huge marks compared to an American that had ONE fall then a perfect routine...I am sure they heard me screaming all the way in China...but thought to myself, okkkkkkkk she did have a fall!!

I just finished watching more gymnastics and watched the SAME American get hosed by the very same Chinese gal...the American landed 2 vaults almost perfectly...the Chinese girl fell on her face..not a small hop, she was down on her hands and knees people and still got a medal over the American...

Guess it shows, some cheaters DO prosper eh??? I have sorta routed for the Chinese in the past...but sure as heck will NEVER do that again.....hoping that what goes around,will eventually come around!!!

Think I take these things too personally??? LOL

As always, to be continued........

7 comments:

Sunshine said...

Hubby (and a lot of other people) are growling at the fact that he doesn't believe for a minute the entire Chinese team is at least 16 years old.
He keeps getting mad when he sees the really young looking girls compete.

none said...

the chinese girls are still losing baby teeth....hmmm 16 I don't think so.

And the judgiing reminds me of the old soviet style.

jAMiE said...

It is so blatantly unfair...grrrr!

Biddie said...

Ok, I know that someone is going to be pissed at me for this, but...The whole thing is a joke to me. China does not deserve to host the Olympic games..They have had so many human rights violations, and animals are treated like garbage..They are skinned alive and thrown away...Baby girls are left to rot because boys are preferred...The whole thing stinks as far as I am concerned.
Am I the only one that was NOT surprised by the murder that happened one or two days in?
Cheating is expected as far as I am concerned.
Don't hate me, I just feel strongly about this....
Oh,and Canada FINALLY 9 medals.

Brillig said...

ARGH! I totally hear ya! I've been doing all the same growling at the TV. My husband is about to forbid me from watching the olympics, I think. I get a little too annoyed!

Rick Rockhill said...

I have not watched any of the olympics at all still!

Biddie said...

You must really be pissed! You have been gone forever!