Thursday, July 3, 2008

RANDOM RAMBLINGS

There are two sayings..or montras maybe...that I have stuck in my head.

The first is advice that I was given more than 20 years ago from one of the wisest men I have ever met....

He told me to" get through today and worry about tomorrow when it comes"... sounds easy enough but alot harder to live by in times of stress...but I am trying hard.

The 2nd was an expression spoken by Dr Sydney Freedman on the show MASH ( yeah yeah I know...a fictional character)...

One line he used in one of the more serious moments of that show was the following...

"ours is not to reason why...but do what we can and try not to cry"

Again simplistic words that are easily said, but not so easy to live by...but again, I am trying really hard.....

As always, to be continued...

4 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

Those are both awesome mantras to try to live by, Flake! Keep your chin up and your eyes on the goal! (((((HUGS)))))

Rick Rockhill said...

hang in there Flake...don't lose your faith or HOPE

Jodi said...

Great quotes. Hang in there.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been on the road for the last 2 weeks, with limited Internet access.

J.

Biddie said...

Both awesome mantras, but much easier said that done.
lately, mine has more like - It's better to laugh than to cry.
Hope you're feeling better. xx