Friday, May 30, 2008

T.G.I.F.

hmmmmm I wonder...am I the only one that is damnnnnn grateful it is Friday???

Gremlin #2 has been a total terror this week but I have somehow managed to allow him to continue breathing , although there was once or twice that it was a close call..lol. Gotta loveeeee those 13 yr old male hormones, especially when they are mixed with ADHD that gives him very low impulse control.

Anyway, I am still trying to keep a truckin'...I am really starting to think the new meds aren't the right fit so I am glad I am going to see the doctor in a few weeks. Although they have helped a bit, I still feel very anxious and antsy all the time. I find that although my crying spells have lessened, the littlest thing still makes me upset and gives me knots in my stomach. I seem to have even less ability than normal to let the small stuff slide...if that makes any sense at all.

One thing that has always helped in the past is to be able to swim. I am not one to play sports...and I do try to force myself to go for a walk almost everyday...but swimming has always been the one thing that can relax me. No matter how bad things get or how little I am coping, a swim always calms me and allows me to take a deep breath. The problem is this stupid town only has an outdoor pool that is only open 2 months of the year. I found out yesterday that it is opening on June 21st...that is only 3 weeks from tomorrow....woooooooohoooooooo. I totally can't wait.

I already told the gnome that I don't care if it rains or there is a very late snow I WILL be there for a swim on opening day..lmao. Until then, I will do my best to keep my head above water.

As far as blog-happenings and goings-on, brillig is having guest bloggers for the month while she gets ready to move and I get to post there on Monday. Stop in and check out some of the posts...they are a cool bunch and I am sure there will be some great posts. Also, I have agreed to host SOS this Sunday. Be warned, I will be continuing with my last SOS story with the appropriate amount of mush and gush..lmao.

As always, to be continued..............

2 comments:

aims said...

Tweaking the drugs is a very good idea. However - don't expect the drugs to take away every single anxiety - unless of course they make you into a zombie.

Now swimming - I use to go everyday and do laps until the docs made me stop because of my knee. I cried for days about that. I think I might almost be ready to go back now tho. Woohoo!!

Phoenix5 said...

13 yr old male hormones and ADHD? Now THAT sounds like a story all on it's own... downright scary!

Good luck with the meds... I hope your doctor can tweak, twiddle or otherwise adust the dosage and/or drug type to make you feel better!

Hoping you're having a great weekend! And yes, I WAS thankful it was Friday... yesterday! LOL!