Saturday, May 24, 2008

BABY STEPS

There are two things that have happened in the last few days that have shown me that even though I haven't beaten "the darkness" ,the meds are at least beginning to work.

Yesterday, I was able to spend the day thinking of my gnome with a great amount of love and thanking God over and over again for bringing him into my life. Through everything, I have always loved the gnome with all my heart but when my mind is in "the darkness", I think that he deserves better than me and that he should move on...he does get upset when I verbalize this.

The second thing that happened wasn't as nice...on Thursday night our refrigerator started making an odd buzzing noise. We knew that was never good but crossed our fingers and took the wait-and-see approach. This morning I was woken up by gremlin #2 telling me that the fridge smelled funny. When I went to investigate, I discovered that it was completely dead and all of our food had spoiled over night.

Now, I would be lying if I said I was happy about this but I was at least able to keep my cool and not freak out. If this had happened a month ago, I would be a TOTAL basket case. Things aren't completely better...but I will take the baby steps where I can get them.

As always, to be continued...........

4 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

AWESOME! WAY TO GO!

I'm still amazed at how fast those little things stopped sending me into uncontrollable rages once I started taking my meds! You keep it up, girl! These are just proof that your brain chemistry is already starting to balance itself out. I'm rootin' for ya! ((((((HUGE HUGS)))))

tripleZmom said...

That sucks. . . . unless you can find a good deal on a fabulous new fridge, in which case it's a good thing. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

aims said...

Oh sweetie - at last!

Thinking of you.

Joy T. said...

Sounds like things are looking up! I couldn't be happier for you. And huge congratulations on your 5 years together. Your post on friday was great!