Tuesday, April 15, 2008

THERE ARE SIGNS OF LIFE

Hi there....remember me???? lol

These last 4 weeks have been nutso...but I am glad to say I finally feel like I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel....I am almost afraid to say that for fear I might jinx myself...lol.

Today was the first day in almost a month that I actually managed to wash a few dishes, sweep the kitchen floor and cook the gremlins dinner without feeling like I had to pass out or vomit...a big step forward in my book.

I have been missing you all terribly but I have been so weak that sitting at the computer hasn't been something I have been able to do (other than for work). Man ohhhh man has there been more than once that I have wished I had a laptop during this sickness..lol.

I will be back lurking and filling your comment boxes in the next few days...I am looking forward to catching up on everything I have missed. I hope you all are well .

As I was cleaning out my overfull email inbox (see?? it isn't only my blog that has been neglected..lol)...I came across this funny and thought I would share it ...it gave me a giggle...


A Minnesota Story :

All of his life Bill had heard stories of an amazing family tradition. It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had been able to walk on water on their 21 st birthday. On that day, they'd walk across the lake to the boat club for their first legal drink

So when Bill's 21 st birthday came around, he and his pal Tim took a boat out to the middle of the lake. Bill stepped out of the boat and nearly drowned! Tim just managed to pull him to safety.

Furious and confused, Bill went to see his grandmother.
"Grandma, it's my 21 st birthday, so why can't I walk across the lake like my father, his father, and his father before him?"

Granny looked into Bill's eyes and said, "Because, you dumb fool, your father, grandfather and great-grandfather were born in January, you were born in July."

lmaooooooooooo

As always, to be continued.......

6 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick but SO glad you're back! Thanks as always for your sweet comments!

Maureen said...

LOL! That was good... didn't see that coming!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care,

Joy T. said...

Heyyyy nice to see a post come up in my blog feed! Glad to read things are turning around healthwise. That was some kind of bug you had. Hopefully it's all behind you and it's nothing but good health from now on.

Jodi said...

Yay! She's up and back among the blogging world!

Great joke, too!

XO,
J.

aims said...

What on earth did you have that kept you down for a whole month??

Phoenix5 said...

Thanks for the giggles! That joke is a classic! Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better!