Monday, March 24, 2008

WHY I LOVE MY GNOME AND GREMLINS

I am not sure if I have mentioned it but this Wednesday is gremlin #1's birthday ( shhhh mine too but don't tell, I am hoping ev1 will forget..lol).

Dear #1 is going to be sweet 16 and she has been absolutely hilarious this weekend. Every time she would start bickering with gremlin #2 or copping attitude I just look at her and point to the calendar...then she remembers and her halo starts to shine through..lmao. I wish her bday came more often...hee hee.

Easter weekend was very low key as the gnome came down with a nasty flu bug.......I dearly love my gnome but even he admits what a baby he is when he gets sick. I was able to be patient and caring for the most part because he did,infact, look like death warmed over.

I only mention this because like every loving gnome, the dear man has decided to share with me....isn't that sweet and adorable?? lmao. I guess I am not gonna drop yet as he still isn't better so someone has to suck it up and keep things moving...lol.

I figured I would prolly get sick for my birthday....birthdays do tend to suck for me. I thought it was just me but I recently read somewhere else that another March baby has had crappy bdays as a rule too...this made me feel less alone..lmao.

I am off to get the gremlins settled for the night and get the gnome drugged up so I can try to rest...

You hear me laughing as I say the work "rest" right??? lmao.

As always, to be continued........

8 comments:

Shelley Jaffe said...

Our new favorite cold/flu remedy? Buckley's tablets! Gone is the smell of paint thinner and the taste of Pine-Sol - it's just all magic in a pill. Try it, you'll like it.

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday, chick! Today (Monday) is my boy's 18th birthday! What a lot of great people came out of March!

Hope you feel better,
J.

captain corky said...

Why wont the flu just go away forever. Happy Day before your Birthday!

Maureen said...

Awww, that sucks. Here's hoping tomorrow you are better. Enjoy and rest. You deserve it! Happy Early B-Day!!!

Phoenix5 said...

Interesting little word slip there in your last paragraph, Flake! Tee hee! See if you can find it ;-)

And Happy (advance) Birthday!

MomThatsNuts said...

Im sorry your all sick!! I wasnt feeling too great this weekend either!! I hope it passes soon!!!

Mom

Joy T. said...

Coming over on Wednesday to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry to hear you're sick though. That just sucks. And of course a Happy Birthday to your daughter as well.

jAMiE said...

I hope you feel better soon..we're all sick here too for various reasons, not fun...so take care of everyone but especially yourself!