Thursday, March 27, 2008

BIRTHDAY HAPPENINGS


Yesterday was my birthday....along with gremlin #1. My baby is now 16..it is hard to believe..


I had a wonderful post all laid out in my mind...full of an appropriate amount of mush and gush...it would have made even an old man weep...lmao.


Instead, the gnome and I spent most of my birthday together in the ER hooked up to IV's...


At least, I still had my sense of humour intact enough to tease him that he still DID owe me a birthday dinner.....and that IV's did NOT count .......LOL.


Then the smartass nurse came in to check on us and said "nothing says love like his and her IV's"....


Birthdays just don't get better than that....lmao.


As always, to be continued(when I am among the living again...)

12 comments:

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday!

and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

I think you qualify as having THE most positive attitude there is.

Hope you feel better and have a wonderful day.

Maureen said...

Aw, that sucks big time! Hope you and yours are on the mend soon and that birthday cake can be eaten!

Take care,

whatevergirl said...

Happy Birthday! My son's is Saturday and hubby's is the 2nd. I tagged you for a meme...now go eat cake!

aims said...

What??!!!!

Okay - all the birthday wishes and stuff - but - what??

And are you saying you and your son have a birthday on the same day? How sweet is that!

Now - tell us!

Joy T. said...

Well darn, that's no way to spend your birthday. Good thing about birthdays though, is they can be celebrated any old time you choose. Get better soon!

MomThatsNuts said...

His and Hers IV's are SOOOOOO last year!!!

I work for Hospice and you know what I say....The MORPHINE the better!!

Hope your BOTH on the mend!! Happy day!!

Mom

Shelley Jaffe said...

Oh, dear. Don't tell me that he got you a bedpan - that's 1000 times worse than a small appliance! Best wishes for an opportunity to have a healthy celebration in the near future!

Rick Rockhill said...

Well happy Birthday to you and the gnome. Sorry about the trip to hospital. Yuck. blech. hope you ar efeeling better.

Phoenix5 said...

Ummm... why were you both in hospital hooked up to IVs?

jAMiE said...

Hey there, happy birthday to both of you...sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital (how romantic)...how are you both feeling now?

Take care of yourself!!!

tripleZmom said...

Well, hope you're feeling better and that your birthday dinner is fabulous (whenever it happens!).

captain corky said...

Happy belated Birthday! Hope you're feeling better!