Monday, March 10, 2008

SPRING IS NOT SPRINGING

Well all...spring is only 10 days away and we Canadians are getting quite excited. Personally, I don't think I can remember what grass looks like. We had one hell of a storm up here over the weekend...more than 80,000 homes and businesses were without power as reported here ...luckily we managed to keep our heat and power...thank God. We received 53 cm of snow...that is almost 2 feet for you Americans...

The gnome and gremlins started digging us out Sunday morning. They worked in shifts and didn't get the van out of the drive way until late this afternoon. Luckily we listened to the weather forcasts and got food to last for a few days...

Took some pics to post...just because I thought it was sorta funny....

These ARE infact our driveway and front yard...buried somewhere...lol






As always, to be continued (if I don't get buried alive...lol)......

10 comments:

Burfica said...

holy cow I couldn't even see ya guys. hehehehehe

none said...

That's a lot of freaking snow!

Joy T. said...

Holy crap! And here I was just complaining that I wanted all the snow in my yard to go already. I think I'll just shut my mouth because by the looks of these pictures, it could always be worse then the piddly little three feet of snow I have sitting here.

captain corky said...

That's freakin nuts! Makes me want to sing the Canadian National Anthem at the top of my lungs. ;)

Maureen said...

Wow... even more than over here on the Prairies... which is saying a lot! Hope it doesn't last long (or cause flooding when it does warm up).

Keep warm and dry there CF.

aims said...

Hmmm - and here I was - on the other side of the same country - walking around in my tshirt for the past couple of days - and looking at my brown grass...

tripleZmom said...

Wow, suddenly I feel guilty for whining about how cold it's been here.

Phoenix5 said...

Wow, you got a LOT more snow than we did here in Guelph! Let's hope spring comes REAL soon!

jAMiE said...

Rest assured, it will all melt away soon!

jAMiE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.