Friday, March 21, 2008

GOOD FRIDAY THANKS


Since today is Good Friday I would have to say is a perfect day for giving thanks....and I feel like I have plenty to give.


I feel the need to not only thank you all SOOOOO much for the kind and thoughtful words on my last post...but also, to clarify a bit....


When I wrote that last post, I was really hurt. I can accept that sometimes, I can be a real pain in the ass....but the "friend" (who has turned out to NOT be a friend after all) ...her post really went for the throat. The hurtful words were bad enough but she actually LIED.....and that angered me....


When I said I wasn't going to "post anymore"....I originally just meant that I wasn't going to post more about her...thinking that talking about her was allowing her nasty, hurtful words to have more power over me than she deserved...so I was going to just move on and be glad to never have to have contact with her again......


The problem came a little later in the day. I started to read my blog roll and everywhere I went...there was her name. She is the person that got me blogging in the first place...and we have a lot of favourite bloggers in common. This is when I started to think it was time to just pack it in...to walk away and never look back at blogger again.


I spent a lot of time thinking about this yesterday...and of course reading all the kind and thoughtful comments left here. Of course, you all are so much smarter than me...and you were, of course, right. Walking away and not blogging anymore would allow her spiteful and dishonest words to win...and that is just not right !!!


I started this blog as a way to vent...to give voice to those words that were so good at clogging up my brain....I am always thinking "oh yeah, I gotta blog about that later.." or I read a funny e-mail and my first thought it that I will save it to share later with my blogger buddies...lol


Then, I started to think about all of you...how much I enjoy reading your blogs...and how much you all have come to mean to me...it was at that moment I really saw how stupid I was being....to allow one person's lies to affect me like that...well it was just stupid of me.......


So I thank you all again...for encouraging me...for caring about me...and for not giving up on me when I am being a knucklehead....I truly don't deserve you all...but I appreciate you... and I am more grateful than I could ever express.


I am truly a very lucky blogger to have you all...



As always to be continued.................

2 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

Oh my gosh Flake, I'm just catching up here...WHAT A MESS! Take a deeep breath and let it out. Don't let anyone get you so upset. Hang in there and in the words of Dr Wang, "keep swimming upstream"

-Rick

tripleZmom said...

And we're lucky to have you!

I can't believe the things that happen when I don't keep up with my blog reading.

She's not worth your energy!