Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER LOVIN'

Hope you are all having a wonderful Easter weekend and the Easter bunny was good to you all. I had already prepared the next edition of my Soap Opera Sunday story to post today but it seems like it has been put on the back burner ( I would assume to the holiday weekend..) So this story will wait for another week.

As I sat here, watching dear ol Bootsie the cat sunning herself I thought alot about Easter and what it means to me...and the one thing I came up with was LOVE. Whether it be the love of chocolate easter bunnies and eggs....loving the smell of a big Easter dinner as it cooks in the oven...or the love that God had to allow his son to die on that cross.....

I then remembered receiving the following award awhile back....

I truly apologize and I am embarrassed to admit that I can't remember who awarded this to me...but someone did. I saved it with good intentions to pass it along but somehow got sidetracked......So today is the day.....

I thought about all the wonderful blogs I have come across...some I have found and others have meandered in and sat down for a spell...

Of course, I think you all rock...or I wouldn't keep coming back for more. I pass this award along to the following....with much love. If you have already received it from someone else, consider yourself doubly loved...lmao.

1)Planet of Janet - This woman is awesome and I loveeee her blog...she tells such humorous stories and is such a loving mother...it shines through in her words and pictures.

2)big blue barn - aims has only recently found my blog and all I can say is that I am SOOOO glad she did. Her writing is seriously the best I have ever read. As she retells her "man tales" I find myself lost in her words...the first time I went to check her out, I sat here for HOURS reading old posts...and more than once, her touching accounts of her life events have made me cry. I always look forward to the next post.

3) Palm Springs Savant- Rick over as P.S.S. is very worldly and intelligent. I always enjoy reading about his trips and adventures...he shares amazing pics too. Of course, my life would not be complete without the advice column of Dr Wang Wednesdays...gosh darn I love that fish....lol.

4) Coffee table- I have talked about Hoosier Girl before...but quite simply I think she is great. She is a hard working single mom....something I have a great deal of respect for... She has a really great sense of humour and a big heart!!!

5) Jersey Girl - I found her blog from a SOS link...and quickly became hooked. Whether she is talking about her kids Ironflower and lovebug....or PITA houseguests, she always entertains me and often makes me smile and laugh.

6)JJ - Janet's blog was one of the first blogs I started to read when I first started blogging. She is on a blogging "break" right now...but I still check her blog daily. She has demons that she battles...but when she talks about her daughter "Fa" her big heart shows...I think she is a lot stronger than she realizes...and I often find myself wanting to give her a big hug...and reassure her that it is going to be okay...like I have done with the gremlins...

There are so many awesome blogs that I enjoy reading... anyone that is lurking I encourage you to check out the blogs on my blogroll...they are all a great bunch and I heart them all!!!

As always, to be continued.....................

7 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

Flake- you are so sweet and kind, many thanks for your recognition. I truly appreciate it!

Rick :-)

aims said...

CF - Thank you so much! Awards really touch my heart - and I know this one comes from yours! I will post it on my sidebar with pride!

Thank you again!

Jodi said...

Hey C.Flake....
Thank you so much!!! You are so sweet!
J.

the planet of janet said...

you are such a sweetie! i love you thiiiiiiiis much too!

Anonymous said...

Oh woman, you are so sweet, I could eat you up like the chocolate bunnies I have been hiding in my closets....

Thank you very much.

...For the award and the sweet words.

I really appreciate this...

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Joy T. said...

Congrats on the award and congrats to all your recipients!!!

tripleZmom said...

Oh thank you! You are so sweet.