Friday, February 22, 2008

LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES....

Awwww what odd and strange twists and turns life can take.....

It has been a long, hard week here...the best thing I have accomplished is stopping myself (on more than one occasion) from bashing the gnome and hiding the body...after all, who would find him before spring with all this snow?? LOL

I had a post all planned out in my mind...full of wit and "smartass" isms...then as I was casually reading through posts this morning I came across this post about the shooting last week at Northern Illinois University...please pop over and check it out....

This post was on my mind all day......it made me think of those 5 students who went to school that fateful day....unaware that they would never return home again, they would never see their loved ones again....all because a madman had problems he couldn't deal with, without becoming violent....

Determined to lighten my mood, I said a prayer for the families of the dead...and also said a prayer of thanks that my blogger buddy wasn't among them.....then decided to just be grateful that the week was over, trying to find faith that next week can only get better....

Then came the call.....a friend from my hometown called to tell me someone we both worked with, and cared about, has had a massive stroke and isn't expected to survive. She is comatose and paralyzed....and I really hate to think of her that way.

B was older than me...but man oh man was she ever a dynamo. We worked together for the almost 6 years I worked at Sears and let me tell you...B could work circles around anyone. She was a spitfire that would tell you her 5 cents on any given topic ...she shot straight from the hip with no censoring or thought to "political correctness"...sometimes it made me wanna smack her...but I always admired that about her...

When I left Sears in June 2006 to move closer to the gnome's work, B had decided it was time for her to retire so she and hubby could travel and relax. The gals at work gave us a really nice going away/retirement party.....it was such a nice night and I am so glad I got to share it with B....

Now I find myself praying hard...not for a miracle...but that God takes B soon and doesn't make her suffer too long.......I pray that B will be called home where she can be free and know no pain....she will surely be missed.....

As always, to be continued..............

3 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

I totally understand what you mean Flake, and its very reasonable.

I'll keep B in my prayers...I have a list I actually bring to chruch with me each week so I don;t forget them all.

Phoenix5 said...

I'll second that... all except the list part, although, it's probably a very good idea.

jAMiE said...

What a lovely post...you are so thoughtful...i hope she didn't suffer.