Friday, February 1, 2008

FRIDAY FOLLIES

Small update: To all your BB fans(yes Jamie I am talking to you..lol), I am looking forward to the return of BB in a few weeks...this is the ONLY good thing that has come from the writers strike..lol. Thus look for the return of BB Friday on this blog....where we can dish, bash and predict what will happen next!!

Well we have survived another week and the weekend is upon us. The gnome has a fun filled weekend for himself which is wonderful except that leaves ME holding the bag to do everything that needs to get done...

I have spent all day cleaning and shopping for groceries since the gnome invited another couple over tomorrow night. This might be fun but they are coming to watch a fucking HOCKEY GAME!!!

Now I know it is anti-Canadian to not love hockey...but honestly...I HATE IT!!! So I get to cook and clean for something I don't even wanna attend..lol.

Anyway, the following lil "joke" somehow hit home today...so I thought I would share...to all the guys that read this blog, please keep coming back...I heart ya all...even when I bash ya...lmao.


A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pyjamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter , the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pyjamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?'

She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?'

'Yes,' was his incredulous reply.

She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.'

lmaoooooooooooo

As always, to be continued.........

5 comments:

none said...

Damn that's exactly what happens everytime I decide to take a nap.

Biddie said...

I have a confession to make...I hate hockey, too.
It has been rammed down my throat since I was a little kid. Two of my brothers played on a team, and I have two relatives that played in the NHL.
GAH. You can't get more hockey-fied than that.
Have fun :)

Rick Rockhill said...

thoe pesky hockey games...but they ARE the national sport of Canada!!!

Phoenix5 said...

I'm not a hockey fan either, and I consider myself to be a VERY patriotic Canadian!!! So patriotic, in fact, that when Canada is playing against the world in hockey tournaments, I'll even watch a game or two! But the NHL? That's not something I want to watch, ever!

jAMiE said...

Oh i am so excited...Tuesday it starts, hooray!!! Did you watch Survivor last night? Looks like it might be a good one.

Me...i'm a lover of hockey and a Leafs fan, though i haven't been paying too much attention to it this year with Tim in my life....but i feel for you!