Saturday, February 9, 2008

MEMORABLE SURVIVORS

First, let me thank you all for your kind comments and prayers for my dear friend hearts...she asked me to send along her thanks and to let you know she appreciates it....

This week I am taking a page (or stealing an idea) from my blogger buddy Palm Springs Savant. Usually on Saturdays he has what he calls " The Saturday Seven". He is away this weekend so I have decided to take over in his absence and have my own Saturday Seven: My 7 most memorable Survivors in honour of the new Survivor season that just started. So here it goes....

#1 Jonny "Fairplay" :


This guy is not one of my favourite Survivors...quite frankly I was glad to see him get voted off on Thursday night but he is, however, very memorable. No one will ever forget his name OR his lying antics..lol.

#2 - Richard Hatch :




Again, I can't say I like this guy or how he played the game, but he IS the original Survivor. He outlasted and certainly outwitted in the first season when no one else had ever done anything like this...and watching him walk around naked all the time most definitely makes him memorable..lol.

#3 - Colby Donaldson :


Can anyone say hubba hubbaaaaaa?? I think this "good ol boy" made Texas proud...and who could ever forget a face like that..lmao.

#4 - Rob and Amber :



I didn't really care for either of these players in their original seasons but they sure grew on me during "All Stars". I enjoyed watching them get close. Amber brought out a side in Rob that wasn't apparent on his first season...he wasn't the bigass jerk that he came across to be. They are certainly a couple I will never forget.

#5 -Bobby Jon:
I think Bobby Jon was one of the few Survivors who brought heart and spirit to the game...and he never gave up, even when he knew it was hopeless. He might have come across as not the sharpest pencil in the box at times...but he could never be forgotten (oh did I forget to mention he is HOT!!!...lol)

#6 - Stephanie LaGrossa :

This chick was simply amazing...she fought hard to stay in the game...then came back the next season determined to do it even better. That time she got to the final 2 and I find it hard to believe any Survivor fan could forget her.

and finally......

#7 - Rupert Boneham:

This man is a walking contradiction...he looks like Grizzly Adams and has the heart of a big fluffy teddy bear ya just wanna snuggle...no one will ever forget Rupert...or his catchy smile...

Sooooooo what do all you Survivor fans out there think??? It was hard to pick just 7...of course now that I am done I am thinking of Tina and Tom ( both former winners)...and of course there was Jerri...who could ever forget her?? LOL. Soooo who is your favourite?? As Rick always says, "comments are free today"..lol.

As always, to be continued...........

9 comments:

Sunshine said...

It's funny, you like such a blend of the "nice" ones and the "nasty" ones!
I lean toward the nice ones, Colby was my fav....YUMMY!

Burfica said...

OMG James the gravedigger!!! YUMMALISCIOUS!!!!! I was so happy I get to see him in two survivors back to back. hehehehe

And I liked Tom the firefighter!!!

And Yau Man. I like him alot too.

Okay those are some of my faves.

Dianne said...

I liked your haiku over at sunshine's place so I'm stopping by.

I may be the only person on Earth who has never watched Survivor. I will admit that I rooted against Rob and Amber on The Amazing Race. I so love hating them ;)

Maureen said...

Ethan will always be my favorite... especially AFTER I got to meet him and get a huge hug ;)

Hubba, hubba too... :D

Leslie: said...

I like your choices! But I missed the first show last week, but will make sure I see it from now on. I think I only missed one season cuz it was getting to be same old same old. But now they've made some changes to make it interesting again.

none said...

I've never been able to watch it all the way through,because listening to all of them bitch and whine reminds me of my last job ;)

Phoenix5 said...

Oh boy, here we go again! Do we HAVE to watch Survivor AGAIN??? (Whine, whine!) I'll pass, but I will keep reading your blog, 'cause I just like you so much! ;-)

I'm watching Biggest Loser again this season... and getting so very frustrated with the producers... they keep changing the rules mid-game! And will Alison STOP repeating the so very obvious??? I'm beginning to really hate American so-called "Reality TV"...

Jodi said...

Great list, girl. I have only watched a couple of seasons all the way through, but I knew who almost all of your picks were. Great idea! Let's steal more from Rick! (hee, hee)

J.

jAMiE said...

Hmmm..i have trouble remembering names, etc....but i'll try!

HATE Johnny Fairplay with a passion!!!

LOVE Rupert...James...Yau-Man...Oh..i can't remember his name but the guy with all the tatoos from Survivor Africa (do you remember his name...dark hair and tatoos?)...

Like Amber...Elisabeth (the girl from the View) and the older gentleman she was friends with on that season, again...dont know his name.