Monday, October 15, 2007

Today has not been a great day for me...I won't prattle on about it...instead I will chalk it up to a combination of being exhausted and it being a Monday....instead of boring y'all with the details I decided to share a couple of jokes that I have saved for just such a day...hope they make you giggle !!!



THE BEST LAWYER STORY SO FAR THIS YEAR:

One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."
"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.
"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."
"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us, also."The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"
"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was. Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind."
"Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high!



Gas Company:

Two gas company servicemen, a senior training supervisor and a young trainee, were out checking meters in a suburban neighborhood. They parked their truck the end of the alley and worked their way to the other end. At the last house, a woman looking out her kitchen window watched the two men as they checked her gas meter.

Finishing the meter check, the senior supervisor challenged his younger coworker to a foot race down the alley back to the truck to prove that an older guy could outrun a younger one.
As they came running up to the truck, they realized the lady from that last house was huffing and puffing right behind them. They stopped and asked her what was wrong.

Gasping for breath, she replied, "When I see two men from the gas company running as hard as you two were, I figured I'd better run too!"

Hope you all have an awesome week!!

As always, to be continued...............

8 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

LOL! Thanks Flake! They were both great! Have a great week!

Maureen said...

Hah! Thanks for the laugh! Hope tomorrow is better...

Mia said...

Lol....funny! Have a good one!

captain corky said...

LOL! I hope you're having a better day today Flake.

Biddie said...

LMAO. Very funny!
Are you having a better day today?
Hugs.

Unknown said...

These had me chuckling in my popcorn. Thanks for a boost to my Tuesday. I hopped on over from Brillig's (I think) and will be back another day if you have more jokes.

I have a fun sunset video on my blog today. All are welcome to visit :-) And be sure to read important Stroke information below the video--and pass it on to others if you think it's as important as I believe it is.

Burfica said...

hope to have my snarky flake back soon. hehehehe

Barbara Doduk said...

hahahaha i love the lawyer joke th emost.those blood suckers... cheers for the laugh.