Monday, June 23, 2008

GREMLIN GRADUATION


What a crazy couple of days...where to even start. I will be back with details but my mind is still whirling and my heart is a little bit sad.

Tonight, my baby graduated from public school. They all looked so grown up...

As I sat there waiting for him to get his diploma, I flashed back to that first day that I took him to kindergarten...

I thought he would be scared...or might cry. He had been with me all alone for 2 years at that point and I thought he might miss me...

But he just said "bye Mom" and walked in the door and didn't look back...

Tonight as I sit here crying for my baby, I pray that he has the same courage in September when the next chapter in his life begins...

I have waited for this day for 9 years...and now that it is over, I am more sad than my words express...but I am proud too!!!

As always, to be continued......

5 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

Congratulations to the Graduate! (And to the proud mommy who got him there!)

Rick Rockhill said...

how sweet. your little baby is all grown up! You must be so incredibly proud!

Biddie said...

I felt much the same way..It just goes by too fast, doesn't it?
Congrats to the graduate :)

Jodi said...

Congratulations! Just wait until your baby graduates from high school, like mine did this past May! It's a very weird feeling, especially when I can remember almost every detail of his kindergarten graduation!!!

j.

whatevergirl said...

I dread the day my baby graduates! But it is a happy moment too!! You survived it all!