Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Today is another day that my mother has been on my mind all day...as she should be.

It has been almost 2 years since we moved away from her and I can honestly say that I missed her every bit as much as I did that first day.

If moving here has given me one gift...it is that I appreciate my mother so much more than I did before...it's not to say that I didn't appreciate her before...but when we lived in the same city, I talked to her everyday and I took that a little bit for granted. Now I cherish every call and every visit...when I think she might call ,I rearrange my entire life around her phone calls so I don't miss one...

Our relationship has certainly had it's rocky times...but I am so glad that we hung in there and didn't give up...

Today I tried to find a poem that expressed what I feel about my Mom...but I couldn't find one that "fit"...so I will say the following...

I love my Mom with all my heart and soul...I am so grateful to God for giving her to me even when she does something that makes me want to strangle her...I can't imagine my life without her in it...and one day, when it is her time to go, I will be heart broken but will try to take comfort knowing that she will be in heaven watching over us and waiting for me to join her...

I love you Mom forever and always with every part of my heart

As always, to be continued.....

3 comments:

Barbara Doduk said...

That was wonderful.

Phoenix5 said...

Notice that j said "WAS making..."? Food for thought there! ;-)

Nice thoughts of your mom there, Flake! You've proven the saying that "absence makes the heart grow fonder!"

jAMiE said...

That was lovely...i hope you had a wonderful mother's day !