Tuesday, March 4, 2008

IS IT MARCH OR JANUARY???


When do I get to say that enough is enough??? It is March for crying out loud and if you looked out my window, you would think it is January....


Now I know what some of you are thinking...that is just part of being a Canadian...blah blah blah....and yes, I do agree...to a point!! I have tried not to bitch about it too much but honestly I have reached the end of my patience...lol.


Yesterday (Monday) was a snow day...so no buses meant no school for the gremlins....they were heart broken but forced themselves to make the ultimate sacrifice and stay home with me...lol.


I was so happy to get rid of them this morning I practically threw them out the door......


A short time later I see that there is yet another nasty storm headed our way with a dump of snow and freezing rain. I am thinking okkkkkkk yeah like we need more of that...but okkkkk I am Canadian so I can tough it out...after all the end must be near...right????


Then.... gremlin #2 comes home and tells me that teacher says buses WILL be cancelled tomorrow so not only was there no homework, they spent the afternoon goofing around instead of working. I didn't realize that stupid teacher was a psychic...guess she forgot to tell us that....


Anyway, I am gritting my teeth and preparing to survive yet another blast from ol'man winter....


Am I the only one that finds it interesting that it is ol MAN winter????? lmaooooooooo...


As always, to be continued.......

7 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

I don't care if being Canadian means I have to "love winter" or "suck it up"... I am sooo tired of winter now! It came a month early, and now it seems it is staying a month late...well... it's worn out it's welcome here!

I'm with you, I want SPRING!!!

Burfica said...

the wind here has been horrible for three days. I hope it's the March winds, April showers bring May flowers. hehehehe

aims said...

What is up with snow and the east this year?

We hardly have any - although it did snow yesterday - but only enough to dip your baby toe in....
(sorry girl - hate to rub it in..oh wait - no I don't)

captain corky said...

It's been raining here so much that I'm thinking about building an arc. It looks like there's a little bit of blue in the sky today though.

none said...

Stay warm. If my kids miss too many days they have to go on saturdays to make it up. Luckily our weather doesn't mess up school that often.

Maureen said...

Ah, true Canuck weather. We have it cold again out here on the Prairies... March 1st came in mild with nearly zero degrees. Now it's bitterly cold again. I don't look for warmth until at LEAST April...

Virtualsprite said...

If it makes you feel any better, Wisconsin is just as bad. I don't think it's just Canada.